Anyone running T-netics hpc 6965 ball bearing p-trim ?

JP112_89

hpc 69 forged billet compressor wheel
8 Bolt cover
6965 BB P-trim .63 (street trim)

This was built 1/1/4/2013. There isn't a compressor map at this time. hpc 69 wheel is 10 grams lighter than cast 66.

Joe

JP112_89 said:
hpc 69 forged billet compressor wheel
8 Bolt cover
6965 BB P-trim .63 (street trim)

This was built 1/1/4/2013. There isn't a compressor map at this time. hpc 69 wheel is 10 grams lighter than cast 66.

Joe

That's a lot of compressor for the little 65f1 turbine

Over 700+hp with this design.

Should be a beast on the STREET!

I specifically asked Gerry if he had the hpc 69 wheel, 8 bolt cover, with 65f1 in P-trim(street trim) with Ball Bearing. Gerry said "yes". I was amazed... Cool, so I went with it... amazing price. Thanks Gerry.

Joe

JP112_89 said:
Over 700+hp with this design.

Should be a beast on the STREET!

I specifically asked Gerry if he had the hpc 69 wheel, 8 bolt cover, with 65f1 in P-trim(street trim) with Ball Bearing. Gerry said "yes". I was amazed... Cool, so I went with it... amazing price. Thanks Gerry.

Joe

I'd expect 800hp with the 65f1 turbine and 850-900 with the 68f1 and .85a/r. With a .96 tang it "should" be able to support closer to 900. I've already made 750hp with their cast 66 and that wheel is crap compared to that newer wheel. Of course this is assuming the engine has some purpose build to it.

I'd expect 800hp with the 65f1 turbine and 850-900 with the 68f1 and .85a/r. With a .96 tang it "should" be able to support closer to 900. I've already made 750hp with their cast 66 and that wheel is crap compared to that newer wheel. Of course this is assuming the engine has some purpose build to it.

I spoke with R. Wynn at Turbonetics a few days ago. His numbers were right in line with yours using the bigger a/r. Thanks Brian.

Joe

im running the 64/68 bb.the 3 bolt ex housings are the limitations on theses turbo's if you have a strong combo.

im running the 64/68 bb.the 3 bolt ex housings are the limitations on theses turbo's if you have a strong combo.

Yes...but this will max the TTA heads while keeping the smaller exhaust housing...for spool up and better low-speed response. That was my goal. I am not gonna move to a larger exhaust housing if the .63 tnetics will MAX with 65f1 turbine stuffed inside the small housing. Add ball bearing... :)

An older 6776/6765 would max the heads but i would need to use the bigger pte .63 since that is what available to public.

A forged billet compressor wheel is stronger than cast too.

jmo

Joe

sounds like you have something fun play with,on an old combo i ran both the tnetics.63 and .82 i liked both housings with the .63 being my favorite super fast spool.

sounds like you have something fun play with,on an old combo i ran both the tnetics.63 and .82 i liked both housings with the .63 being my favorite super fast spool.

I agree. Really like 65f1 stuffed into the .63 Clearance between the blades of the turbine wheel and the walls of the turbine housing is very very close. The bigger the gap, the less efficient the turbine is cause the gas essentially goes around the wheel instead of through the wheel and therefore does no work as well. Ideally, there would be zero clearance, but that is impractical.

Joe

Hello Joe, can you post some pics, since turbo is installed. Have you tested it yet? What are your impressions?

Regards,
Jose

Hello Jose,

I haven't installed yet....getting housing ceramic coated. Here is a pic of the newer hpc69 compressor wheel.

I will keep you updated.

Joe

Attachments

• hpc69.jpeg
    hpc69.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 187