You can type here any text you want

Anyone seen this TTA jacket before?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Saw it in ebay. Was wondering if it was true that they made jackets for the people who built them with the Pontiac head on the back? Crazy prices some of this stuff is getting!

Link here...

Jim

That red pontiac Indians head looks like it was cheaply done. Might be real, but Im guessing not. Who knows :confused:

PghillyTurboSix,
I have a couple of these Jackets with out the Red Pintiac Indian Head. This is the first one I have ever seen. My guess is some one added it to the Jacket.

- Dave

Id say not right Jim. That indian head was only used in the 50's and 60's and into the 70's. It does not belong on an 89 jacket.

I think Joe Midolo had a "real one" and pretty sure Jan or one of our swedish bretheren has one too.
Doesn't Jan have pictures of one on his website? I can't seem to find his URL

Saw it in ebay. Was wondering if it was true that they made jackets for the people who built them with the Pontiac head on the back? Crazy prices some of this stuff is getting!

That's the same jacket I have that supposedly was given to track offocials and used as a pit pass. My doesn't have the indian head on the back.

Attachments

• MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 151
The Indian was not an option when ordering on of these jackets. I have an original order form that anyone could order from, not "only" employees, track officials etc. You could get the 20th Anniv patch and/or another patch on the opposite side on the front, I think it was the Indy 500 patch, but not sure, don't have it in front of me.
Here's a pic of the jacket I have.
http://hometown.aol.com/onebadwskier/images/ttaitems.jpg

Correct 2 different jackets could be ordered from PLV Inc, the jacket pictured (I got one as well) was supposably only given to officials (or whatever people) at the track .... so never sold to the public .... and there where no embroidry on the back on any of the 3 jackets as far as I know

I dont know if im the only one, but my owners kit came with a little catalog to buy all those jackets. Its an incredibly cheesy 80's ad but if anyone wants when i get home i can scan it and upload it on here...

Dave

Yep that "form/flyer" came in all owners kits and it was also in the 20th Anniversary brochure. There are only 2 kinds of jackets avalible to order, the one pictured (Frank's post) was never avalible to order.

lol I was waiting for you to advertise that Jan! :D

If any of you guys are looking to sell one of those PM me and let me know. I have the one myself but I'd like to get the other styles if possible. Here is the one I have.. TTA Jacket

I think that jacket came with the TTA recently featured on Ebay....You know, the one with the gold trim along the bottom side ;)

We only seen the one on e-bay with the gold ground effects, must been the dealer doing this ....

Back