Anyone shooting a Ar-15??

I don't have any experience with the one you have, but have had a few different ones over the years.
I currently have a Bushmaster Varmeter and love it. It is more accurate than I am.:D

Some pretty good sites out there for information too. Have Fun!

i have the very same one, i love my bushmaster, i just brought me a remmington 700pdm ( bad azz sniper rifle;) )

I'm looking to buy a nice target rifle, ar-15 style. Where should I start looking? I'm from a bolt action and shotgun background and I'd like to try something different.

I'm looking to buy a nice target rifle, ar-15 style. Where should I start looking? I'm from a bolt action and shotgun background and I'd like to try something different.

You local gun store or sports store like Acadamy will carry Bushmasters. I would also check out local gun shows or even the local papers.

chasmat2316 said:
I have a Bushmaster AR,and a AK47, BUT my pistol grip 12 Ga is what I answer the door with!

Nice:cool:

I've long since gotten rid of most of my guns but I used to have an SKS. They fired the same rounds as an AK 47 I think...762.39mm? Anyhow, it's nothing like an AK 47, a lot cheaper made but it was fun to shoot. You could buy ammo for nothing comapared to buying rounds for my 30.30 etc. I had all kinds of junk like 30 round mags and fold out stock.

As far as penetration goes, what sort of characteristics does the 30.06, 158 gr. round my M1 Garand fires compare to the .223? I'm using the CMP fmj surplus ammo primarily.

30-06 is a larger round with a larger amount of powder. they used them in the war because they can go through just about anything. much more devastating than the .223.

You definitely made a great choice with the Stag Arms. Their quality is excellent. I am currently saving my pennies for a Left Hand also.:cool: Cleaning and maintenance becomes very easy once you do it a few times. There is tons of help out there in books and websites as well as other shooters who have lots of experience with these guns. Cheaper than dirt usually has really good deals, but you can also get good deals on ammo at local gun shows. Just be sure to shop around before you buy. You would be surprised at the price differences for the same stuff at different vendors. :confused: I would recommend you spend a little more up front for a new manufacture, name brand. You can save by buying a full case. Some of the no-label, imported, remanufactured and/or old ammo can be downright dangerous.:mad:

I agree completely with you there. I have a colt ar-15 and I would never shoot reloads or crap ammo through it. Why run the risk, spend the money to buy good ammo.:)

Chris, When I get home I will show you how to break it down and where to find the little place that dirt gets into. Nice gun!

Who makes it and whats the cost? You have any links or pics?

I got a magnification red dot scope. $135.00 Haven't shot the gun yet. But I want a real scope for the gun. I want to get good @ 100 yrds with it.
I shoot a preban colt, flat top, the scope is a CMO combat military optic, you can do a internet search, they are located in Ga. and it is a ART scope. very clear and compact. HTH Jr.

That's whay I use these... No better ammo IMHO.

Mag Safe Ammo - Pre-Fragmented Saftey Ammunition Handcrafted In The USA

.223 rounds for home protection is just plain dumb in urban areas.. that round is soo fast it's a danger to everybody past what you're shooting at... even if you hit them.

Shotguns(not slugs), handguns (with that ammo), or my Good 'ol .22LR is all I'll use indoors for protection.

OH.. that and my two Pit bulls...hehe. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about using my gun with them in the house :)

Thread jack warning.... let's see some pics of your pits sometime. I have a 5 month old female and a 10 month old male, best dogs ever. I agree, wouldn't need to use the gun if someone broke in with those two around.:biggrin:

I built my A2 clone last year for about $650 its a stag/MS1/RAA/Bushmaster
Was gonna buy a M1 or M1A or AK, but bought a Regal instead.

For target shooting Black Hills ammo seems to work the best.

Guy I normally go shooting with always takes his AR and I take my Savage 93. Mine still groups tighter (it should, it has a 10oz trigger and it's a bolty) but his is damn close.

Probably within an inch at 100 yards.

My boss also has a M16A1 (machine gun). :cool:

I built my A2 clone last year for about $650 its a stag/MS1/RAA/Bushmaster
Was gonna buy a M1 or M1A or AK, but bought a Regal instead.

Father in law has almost that same weapon. I just picked up a century arms underfolder ak with a 75 round drum, mmm.... tasty. :eek: :D

Whats the best AK to get a chinese or russian? Lets see soem pics of your guns guys!

I'd have to say that Russians seem to get the best vote.. but hard to come by. I'd love to have a Russian or Romainian (same thing:confused: ), maybe the next gun show.

Mine is Chinese.. and I don't have any problems with it at all, unless I use lead tipped (non jacketed) ammo... then it'll jam all the time.

jacketed ammo= fire away.

You thinking about getting a AK now???

Yes I am! All I have shot in my AR are tracers that my bud gave me. But from what I hear they are not the best quality ammo for any kind of shooting.
I got a lead on some 55gr Full Metal Jacket ammo that I am goona try out. I am sure it will be better then what I have been shooting. Oh by the way I caught the field on fire both times I shot the tracers. So they are back onthe shelf. I like the way the AK's look and they are suppose to be pretty accurate from what I hear.