Anyone shooting a Ar-15??

My AK can put 4in groups at 100yrds... 8in at 200, but the ammo will make a big difference there.

If you get an AK.. STAY AWAY from WOLF ammo... I've had way too much duds and jams from that cheap ammo:mad: Winchesters have never given me any trouble, and are consistant.

I got the 4in groups with Winchester ammo... put in Wolf (full jacket)and its all over the target. Use Wolf half jacket (lead Tip) and I'm lucky if it won't Jam in the breach... luckier if its not a dud... and luckier still if it'll even hit the target (let tip gets deformed when entering the barrell.. balisitcs are shot straight to hell). Too bad I have a whole case of that worthless ammo:mad:

I'll post a pic of my AK later tonight...

Here's mine, romanian at it's best. Like madcat said, full metal jacket ammo is the way to go otherwise you'll stovepipe that junk.

Attachments

• DSC00696.jpg
    DSC00696.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 144
My AK can put 4in groups at 100yrds... 8in at 200, but the ammo will make a big difference there.

If you get an AK.. STAY AWAY from WOLF ammo... I've had way too much duds and jams from that cheap ammo:mad: Winchesters have never given me any trouble, and are consistant.

I got the 4in groups with Winchester ammo... put in Wolf (full jacket)and its all over the target. Use Wolf half jacket (lead Tip) and I'm lucky if it won't Jam in the breach... luckier if its not a dud... and luckier still if it'll even hit the target (let tip gets deformed when entering the barrell.. balisitcs are shot straight to hell). Too bad I have a whole case of that worthless ammo:mad:

I'll post a pic of my AK later tonight...

I'll give you $50 for it. :biggrin:

My AKs
both.jpg

Nice..... where did you get that scope?

I got the scope at a local Gun show. Top cover with tri-rail came off the 'net, before they were commonplace at the gun shows.

My Dad got the scope for his Mini 14... but didn't like the black on Stainless look. So I paid him for it ($80 is what it cost at the Show). I think the top cover was $30. I ordered my top cover online before they were commonplace at gun shows.

Have you guys got any leads on places on the internet to buy quality reloads?

I already know of cheaperthandirt.com

You like AK's... you'll like this site.

AK-103

Local Gunsmith here in Ft myers... Man, what I wouldn't give for a shopping spree in his place:D

I plan on taking my AK to him for "refreshining", and to add a compensator (I've got nothing now).

I'll give you $50 for it. :biggrin:

My AKs
both.jpg

Don't tempt me... :p

If shipping wouldn't be a bear, and the knowledge that I'd be causing you grief with this Ammo... I'd take that offer.

Really... that ammo is JUNK... it'll leave lead shavings in the breach, miss fire, jams... horrible.

Not to mention the humiliation of sitting on the fireing line... 7 other guys blasting away, and all you get is "click"...:mad: then one actually fires, and you see the bolt stuck half way back because the next round jammed in the breach:mad: :mad: Horrible.

I look like a fool loading those 1 by 1 into the breach when I want to shoot:p , but I got 800rds left to go:eek: should just by a bolt action 7.62x39 so I can use that ammo.:rolleyes: Wife will like that excues:biggrin:

a four in" group at 100 yards is nothing to be excited about when you can do 2"in or better with an AR and iron sights. get yourself a quality sight like a 68 or i really like the eotech for shooting that close at the range.

a four in" group at 100 yards is nothing to be excited about when you can do 2"in or better with an AR and iron sights. get yourself a quality sight like a 68 or i really like the eotech for shooting that close at the range.

I know.. I got to fix that scope mount. Rear cover mounts aren't "Solid" so it's never "dead on". But close... Combine that with me not being able to hold the rifle very steady (freehand... bipod is much better) and I don't get good grouping.

I did much better with iron sights and the bipod than with the scope.

But... I don't expect too much from that gun... It's lead a hard life. I plan on having it "refreshed" and a side rail scope put on... after I'm done with the car though... gotta have my priorities.

i feel ya on that one. i was planning on building an AR this year myself. but i'm having my car built right now and at least finishing the motor this year is my top priority as well.

Don't tempt me... :p

If shipping wouldn't be a bear, and the knowledge that I'd be causing you grief with this Ammo... I'd take that offer.

Really... that ammo is JUNK... it'll leave lead shavings in the breach, miss fire, jams... horrible.

Not to mention the humiliation of sitting on the fireing line... 7 other guys blasting away, and all you get is "click"...:mad: then one actually fires, and you see the bolt stuck half way back because the next round jammed in the breach:mad: :mad: Horrible.

I look like a fool loading those 1 by 1 into the breach when I want to shoot:p , but I got 800rds left to go:eek: should just by a bolt action 7.62x39 so I can use that ammo.:rolleyes: Wife will like that excues:biggrin:

I've never had a problem with it. Granted, it doesn't hit targets, but it's fun to blow **** up with. :biggrin:

Be careful with the "green tip". Most indoor ranges will not let you shoot that ammo, it can literally shoot through the back wall. I prefer regular ball ammo. The "green tip" is cool but try stopping something with it, if you know what I mean. If you can get some Black Hills 77 grain, that's the ticket. The red dot sights work for close qaurters but if you are going for a little more distance try a Trijicon 3X or Nightforce 10X24.

I have a Norinco ak47 with the threaded barrel for a compensator and a also a bayonet lug w/bayonet. I have fed it every kind of ammo i have come across and it will eat it no problems. As far as the accuracy.... Its an Ak47 what else is there to say. Anything within 200 meters is toast but after that...good luck.:eek: But try treating an m4/ar15/m16 like you can an Ak then you will have problems. When i was in the the 82nd airborne we caught plenty of feilds on fire with tracer ammo. I do miss my M4 carbine also. later, jeremy

Yea you have to love the AK's. They are simple in design, pretty accurate for what they are, and practically indistructable. You can literally drag it through the sand and dirt, blow it out by mouth and shoot.