You can type here any text you want

Are 60# injectors enough for my combo and 1/4 mile?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

I currently only run 1/8 mile because that track is closest to me. If I would run a 1/4 mile track, would I need more injector? My duty cycle in the 1/8 mile is low 70% range at 26# - 27#. See sig. for combo/time. Thanks.

With the alky I think you would be fine....Your probably looking at 127mph and the 10.6 to 10.70 range in the quarter....

With the alky I think you would be fine....Your probably looking at 127mph and the 10.6 to 10.70 range in the quarter....

Thanks for the response. I would be real happy if I could run what you predicted. What was your 1/8 mile et/mph from the 10.72 run? What was your duty cycle?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I would be real happy if I could run what you predicted. What was your 1/8 mile et/mph from the 10.72 run? What was your duty cycle?
The 1/8 was identical to yours at 101MPH....Duty cycle at 90% and that motor was good for never showing knock even with a tranny flare going into 3rd at WOT on all my 10 second passes...As long as you have a decent converter that is not slipping too much you will run those times mentioned in the 1/4.....

You're fine, about the time you max that turbo out the injectors will be right there with it. As long as you have the alky of issues.

FYI, I have a very similar combo but with champion heads and a similar roller cam and same turbo. Rolled into the track, adjusted air pressure in radials with fl summer heat and no tuning ran 127-128.

Volt booster and dedicated grounds will go along way.the 60s can supply a lot of fuel with the right pump and volts.Years ago I went Over 135mph at 3800lbs and keep Afr in the high 9s with 60s and twin nozzle.

The 1/8 was identical to yours at 101 MPH....Duty cycle at 90% and that motor was good for never showing knock even with a tranny flare going into 3rd at WOT on all my 10 second passes...As long as you have a decent converter that is not slipping too much you will run those times mentioned in the 1/4.....

Thanks. My 9-11 tc is pretty good and I recently purchased a 3021 from R&R Torque Converters, so I have to install that.
Your car runs very well.

You're fine, about the time you max that turbo out the injectors will be right there with it. As long as you have the alky of issues.

FYI, I have a very similar combo but with champion heads and a similar roller cam and same turbo. Rolled into the track, adjusted air pressure in radials with fl summer heat and no tuning ran 127-128.

Thanks for your feedback. What is your duty cycle and 1/8 mile data?

Volt booster and dedicated grounds will go along way.the 60s can supply a lot of fuel with the right pump and volts.Years ago I went Over 135mph at 3800lbs and keep Afr in the high 9s with 60s and twin nozzle.

I have an Armstrong volt booster and Armstrong fuel pump.

What does your FAST ems tell you? I know that boosted engines require substantial fuel upgrades beyond stock specifications and will keep you in the safe zone but can also effect performance. Since you are running a FAST ems you should be able to pull fuel and adjust the timing in a very specific rpm range and possibly cylinder specific.

The learning curve never ends! lol

All the best,
Gregg :)

What does your FAST ems tell you? Since you are running a FAST ems you should be able to pull fuel and adjust the timing in a very specific rpm range and possibly cylinder specific.

All the best,
Gregg :)

FAST indicates I am running low 70% duty cycle. Is that what you are asking about? Yes, I can adjust fueling and timing, but not cylinder specific. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Should be more than good with meth injection.I boosted over 31psi on a billet 64/68 with 60lBS and alky.

What timing did you run at that boost, if you don't mind telling? What setting was the alcohol on? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks for your feedback. What is your duty cycle and 1/8 mile data?

No help there. Still on stock ECM and I don't have a way to log anything. Time slips are in the car and the car is at my shop since the trans is out.

What timing did you run at that boost, if you don't mind telling? What setting was the alcohol on? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.
I don't think I should as each car and motor is different.i will say I run a lot of meth and my car spools fast so I have altered the alky curve.really need to look at the plugs to see how far you can go.

v
I don't think I should as each car and motor is different.i will say I run a lot of meth and my car spools fast so I have altered the alky curve.really need to look at the plugs to see how far you can go.

Thanks. I will keep an eye on the plugs.

Back