You can type here any text you want

Are these hubcaps original?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jiho2

Sporadic Poster
Did Buick dealers ever sell turbo Regals with fake "wire wheel" hubcaps installed? The early Sport Coupes with carbureted turbo?

I know they sold NA with these things, I'm still wrestling with denial that they sold turbos with them. All the GM promo pics from the period show decent rims, not hubcaps. I've seen those other Buick hubcaps on a turbo car, the kind with a broad flat rounded surface, but fake wire defies my expectations.

Any certain knowledge?

Yep. Any wheel you wanted more or less. And I don't know of any sure fire way to tell if they were factory installed or added later unless you can find a build sheet or some other paperwork. If it's an 82 or newer you can buy the factory invoice from here GM Media Archive as it would tell you what came with your car from the factory.

Back in the day you actually went in and filled out a form and ordered the car you wanted with whatever you wanted on it. Toldja on the other site btw.

Thanks. I'll assume they're factory. No accounting for taste.

It's a 79, btw.

This car also has what I guess you'd call velour seating, in red. Ugh. Not exactly buckets, more like two half-benches. Weird thing, the passenger's is totally shot, with a strap-on pad trying to cover it, while the driver's is a little worn but not bad. But from what I remember seeing, I'm not sure it would have been possible for someone to switch them around.

Thanks. I'll assume they're factory. No accounting for taste.

It's a 79, btw.

This car also has what I guess you'd call velour seating, in red. Ugh. Not exactly buckets, more like two half-benches. Weird thing, the passenger's is totally shot, with a strap-on pad trying to cover it, while the driver's is a little worn but not bad. But from what I remember seeing, I'm not sure it would have been possible for someone to switch them around.

maybe somebody heavy was in that parking spot.

A.j.

Back in the day you actually went in and filled out a form and ordered the car you wanted with whatever you wanted on it.

That is how I ordered my '87 "T" :biggrin:
Klick-Lewis in Palmyra, PA
$49 Over Invoice :eek:

Back