Are these wires any good?

Didn't see a brand, but they look nice, the specs sound good- they say they're even made in the USA. If you try them post up some reviews. Oh and ohm them first just to verify the 25 ohms per foot... Good luck

aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Aaron. I was going to buy a set of MSD's but came across these and was kinda digging the look. Lets see if anyone here has actually tried a set.

Little more info...these wires are sold under the OML Racing Wire name and manufactured by B&B Manufacturing. Looks like they've been around for a while.

Little more info...these wires are sold under the OML Racing Wire name and manufactured by B&B Manufacturing. Looks like they've been around for a while.

Did you find any reviews on them?

aaron

Found one thread where the vette guys seem to like them. Other than that I did not come across anything good or bad yet..

I have a set on my car--I had a set of msd expensive custom wires and I hated whenever I had to remove them from the plugs--it was a pain in the neck because they never felt like they clicked on the plug--these give you a nice click to tell you they are connected. I like them and they are custom fit and have good, heavy boots on both ends. They are 10 mm wires. I like them. Dp

I have a set on my car--I had a set of msd expensive custom wires and I hated whenever I had to remove them from the plugs--it was a pain in the neck because they never felt like they clicked on the plug--these give you a nice click to tell you they are connected. I like them and they are custom fit and have good, heavy boots on both ends. They are 10 mm wires. I like them. Dp
Thanks for the feedback. Just curious---did you ohm them to verify their claims?

Took a chance and ordered a set. Although not stated in the ad the wires came complete with looms and dielectric grease. Here's how they measured and ohmed out:

#1 - 29" 62.2 ohms
#2 - 23" 49.8 ohms
#3 - 22" 43.6 ohms
#4 - 22" 45.9 ohms
#5 - 23" 47.8 ohms
#6 - 27" 51.9 ohms

Test was taken using a Fluke 77 meter and the readings were consistent with their advertised spec of 25 ohms per foot. Pretty impressive. Obviously the real test is how they perform on the car but I won't have a car to test it on for several weeks... My only gripe to this point is a small one. Only one of the wires had the woven black heat sleeve tucked nicely into the boot end, as shown in the ad. The other 5 were not and looks messy in comparison.

Took a chance and ordered a set. Although not stated in the ad the wires came complete with looms and dielectric grease. Here's how they measured and ohmed out:

#1 - 29" 62.2 ohms
#2 - 23" 49.8 ohms
#3 - 22" 43.6 ohms
#4 - 22" 45.9 ohms
#5 - 23" 47.8 ohms
#6 - 27" 51.9 ohms

Test was taken using a Fluke 77 meter and the readings were consistent with their advertised spec of 25 ohms per foot. Pretty impressive. Obviously the real test is how they perform on the car but I won't have a car to test it on for several weeks... My only gripe to this point is a small one. Only one of the wires had the woven black heat sleeve tucked nicely into the boot end, as shown in the ad. The other 5 were not and looks messy in comparison.

Thanks for taking the time! Post a pic or two if you can.... Sounds like you may have found a winner.

Aaron

Been a while but to close out this thread, I installed these plug wires after finally getting to the bottom of an ignition problem I was having (didn't want to introduce another variable until it was fixed). I found the wires to work great and like one poster noted, the boots are long and they have a nice positive click that leaves no doubt they are on good. Unlike the Taylor 409's they replaced as well as Kirbans and MSD's I have tried in the past. The custom length and stiffness of the wire keeps them neat and off the valve covers. The only problem I encountered is the 90* boots were a little long for my coilpack. A little trimming solved that. Crappy pics attached...

plug wires 1.jpg plug wires 2.jpg

Want a good wire might try the 10mm magnacores they have the best emi suppression in the business which is great for computer controlled vehicles and will last the lifetime of the vehicle if not burned by header or accidentally cut.

Want a good wire might try the 10mm magnacores they have the best emi suppression in the business which is great for computer controlled vehicles and will last the lifetime of the vehicle if not burned by header or accidentally cut.
Appreciate your input. But these are working just fine for me...

My engine builder told me zip tying the sparkplug wires together can cause a misfire. You should use the wire spacers. Parts stores sell them or just fill your pockets with them the next time you visit the junk yard.

I have Russ Merritt MSD wires... Look good, work well, are separated, and bundled w/ wire ties.

I have Russ Merritt MSD wires... Look good, work well, are separated, and bundled w/ wire ties.
Chuck are u calling my engine builder a liar? Lol...he had a customer pick up a car with newly rebuilt engine. Came back the next day with misfire. Removing the zip tie fixed the problem. Or so he said.

Chuck are u calling my engine builder a liar? Lol...he had a customer pick up a car with newly rebuilt engine. Came back the next day with misfire. Removing the zip tie fixed the problem. Or so he said.

Nope.. My wires are not wadded up w/ 1 tie, like in the pics. They are separated, using ties to do so.

I've always separated mine with wire ties as well... Nice, simple, looks really good- oh and CHEAP. Never had an issue.

Nope.. My wires are not wadded up w/ 1 tie, like in the pics. They are separated, using ties to do so.
I've always separated mine with wire ties as well... Nice, simple, looks really good- oh and CHEAP. Never had an issue.

Yup, one large loop with two ties spacing the wires apart.

I have had absolutely no issues with the current setup. The wires came with separators but I haven't installed them yet.