Argument with some moron about my buick T vs. GN

Stop sweating in the end they are all regals

When i talk about my 87 T i refer to it as my Regal.

talking about ignorance-- At the cruise nights i get-- Why a V6? you should have put a BBC-- My Reply it gets good MPG

AND i love going up to the GNs and T guys and saying Nice Monte.

It has nothing to do with the car.

Manners and respect are the key.

The Vette guy would have had the same or similar comments about any car 87Chriss was driving.

D

personally, i couldn't really care less about what anyone thinks about my car.. i only bought it because it was dirt cheap, and have grown to like it for what it is.. but i do kind of care if people are going to lump me in with immature and impulsive people like the guy that started this thread. i just can't understand why anyone would get so worked up over what some other idiot has to say about their car. i mean, wanting to throw punches because someone says that they don't think your car is cool? are we all stuck in 2nd grade, when having the coolest Trapper Keeper was the most important thing in the word?

I just figured it out! :biggrin:

novaderrik must be Vette guy :eek:

What a small world.

D

With a Vinyl roof Limited I don’t even get to the T part.

I spend most of the time at the explaining stage telling people it’s NOT an Oldsmobile!

With one guy I had to show him the Buick emblems and he still looked dumbfounded.

im not surprised that you would say that.. like i said on my initial post some GN guys look down on T's..but like Kirban said high percentage of the T's could possibly be worth more money in future.. for the rarity of option's and colors available cmon raist you know better than calling a T junk you own one?? if you dont want it i can offer you junk money for it :cool:

t-types are wannabe gn's. t=junk

They're all the same in here. At a parking lot some elderly man could come up and say to me "I too had a Plymouth Valiant in the seventies, only it was green and had four doors, but otherwise it was just like yours."

I have a t-type so I wouldn't know but do GN owners get pissed off when people call their cars Monte's?

Either way, whether it be a GN, T-Type, T, Regal, or Regal Limited we own the cars because of how they look. Atleast I know thats why I own mine. They have some of the best lines and style of any car out there. The power the turbo engine makes is a bonus. Should we austrasize non-turbo Regal owners? When someone asks me about my car I tell the it's a Buick Regal T-Type, and if they don't understand I explain. If they don't care to know it doesn't bother me. I love the car, that doesn't mean they need to love it too. Besides mine is an 84 T-type with the 87 setup. That takes twice as long to explain the difference not only between that and the GN but the fact that it didn't have the same engine but it does now even tho it had a turbo engine to start with.

x2 on this....You know how many times people have said, "Heyyyyyyy, Nice Monte SS."....hahahaha...now those are fighting words........bottom line is who gives a chit.. if you love your car, thats all that matters. I am personally gettin a lil tired of the all black cars. Its nice to see the different color/interior combos. I happen to think the WH1 is the best lookin car anyway. And thats just me. To each his own.

Ill go one further....This happens wayyyyy more than I care to see. Im driving in my Syclone and somebody says...."Nice lowrider!!"....hahahahaaa....talk about cluless. People have completely forgot or never knew about these. At least people are acknowledging the Ts and T-Types.

In a sidenote, I cant believe that this is gettin hits like this over some of the great technical discussions on this forum.:confused:

I love my 87 t type.. :biggrin:. I'll take my car to a car show and get all the said above comments. It doesnt bother me. I would actually prefer a low key race car that gets over looked. Lets face it.. GNs are always going to be worth more money, they are more known to the public, especially the rare optioned ones. Its just how it is...

hey... try explaning why you have a 4bbl on top of the turbo... that really puts people off:biggrin: the way i see it.. if they see the bulge, they should have enough since to know what it is... unless they own a honda...

I drive the GN & the WE4 to work at least twice a week, depending on my mood. Its funny how much more attention the GN gets when I bring it in. Everyone loves it so much more than the WE4, which is funny because they are both stock appearing from the outside, guess the chrome wheels & badges do it.

Ive always liked the GN's better, the wheels are cool, badges are cool, and the interior is cool. Theres a reason 4-5 times as many people wanted GN's over T's when they were new.

The GN was an appearance package, and it works. Everyone loved my 13 sec stock GN, but they are confused and think I'm late for a cash for clunkers program in my 10 sec T.

After posting in this thread I went to play Hockey with some guys form work.

It’s a real nice day today so I took the Buick.

In the dressing room one of the guys at work asked me why I was driving a “piece of chit 80’s car”. I started to reply then didn’t bother; he’s a pompous idiot, one of those guys who thinks he is better than everyone else.

I waited to see what colour jersey he put on. He put on a dark one so I put on a white one. Now we were on different sides.

Near the end of the game he had the puck in the corner. I thought this would be the perfect time to explain why I drive a car form the 80’s. He had his head down and I drove him into the boards with a good head of steam. He had some time to mull over his earlier comments as it took him a few moments to get up and off the ice.:biggrin:

Keep your head up and don’t make fun of my Buick.

I like this one:

"Oh, it doesn't have the GN motor in it.."

I see it as progression. You start off with the common '87 GN, but then your eyes are open to all the crazy T combos out there and you are hooked.

The Gn is a starting point, if you still have one, you are stuck as newbee.

Going to the Nats and getting your GN lost in a sea of 100's of the same car, you lose interest.

I've had my GN's but I will get buried in my '86 T

I agree, I always loved Gn's.. Never wanted to own a T. Now that I'm into TRs I look at the unique T's at car shows and think there really cool. But my friends with me don't agree..there like he should of bought a GN if he was owing to spend so much on his car"what a waste". I just tell them you dont understand.
I like this one:

"Oh, it doesn't have the GN motor in it.."

I see it as progression. You start off with the common '87 GN, but then your eyes are open to all the crazy T combos out there and you are hooked.

The Gn is a starting point, if you still have one, you are stuck as newbee.

Going to the Nats and getting your GN lost in a sea of 100's of the same car, you lose interest.

I've had my GN's but I will get buried in my '86 T

Interesting thread.....

I have a little background having owned a bunch of both GNs and Ts over the years....

Their is no question that GNs and black Turbo Regals, and GNXs get the instant respect...whereas the various color ones whether they have the chrome package or black out package for the most part are overlooked.....but has been pointed out earlier in years to come these cars may garner more value....I rmember when Corvette people hated the 1958 Corvettes cause of the chrome ribs on the trunk lid....guess what....few years back that changed....for years the 1958 chevys where dirt cheap.....guess what few years back that changed and 58 Chevys now fetch good money.

Having a non black Turbo Regal has many many advantages....element of surprise from any traffic lite....and and this is a big one....a black car no matter how religious you are are keeping it clean shows dust seconds later, shows any door ding, and this is the killer one is the one car thieves seek.

Again I am not knocking GNs....being in the business they do fetch the bigger money....but for one to keep I perfer the non flashy model....

So, no matter which you own...enjoy it....appreciate the thumbs up you get from those that recognize you have a potent car and those that have a non descript colro Turbo regal....appreciate the fact....it isn't black.....chances are your factory paint looks better anyhow!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks Dr. Phil maybe these guys can regain their dignity and self esteem by focusing on this fine counseling.:)

Unless your Running 9.70 or faster on your GN, my 87 turbo T will put a hurting on your black tar pit GN. :)

If I were going to build a Turbo Buick race car I'd use a "T". Who cares if you cut up one of those and weld iron bars all through it. I'm not doing that to a Grand National.....but hey thats just me.

hello; Maybe the next time someone asks (what ever) about my car I'm going to tell them it's a T-National

Sighhhhh.....Its harder to watch some folks lose their dignity than others. A 'T-National', really? You are really going to try that? Really?

AND i love going up to the GNs and T guys and saying Nice Monte.

Quit drinking the HATERADE.

With a Vinyl roof Limited

There is no hope for you. The sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

I love my 87 t type.. :biggrin:. I'll take my car to a car show and get all the said above comments. It doesnt bother me. I would actually prefer a low key race car that gets over looked. Lets face it.. GNs are always going to be worth more money, they are more known to the public, especially the rare optioned ones. Its just how it is...

Congratulations Sir, you have the perfect attitude towards owning your car. Others need to take note.

OK I'm done picking and poking fun with you guys. Carry on with the 'Woe is me for having a T' fest. :D

hello; It seems like everyone has an opinion and that's human nature. I had a guy ask "did you paint that GN like that". I had to laugh and gave him the scoop but if I had thought about it a the time the T-N would of worked.
IBBY

OH MY GOD!!! I have never seen so much whining about not have a REAL GN before in my life. Just deal with it guys. If you must lie to yourselves to feel better about your Ts or Types or WTF ever you call them then do so but have some dignity and do it via PM. Good grief.

No whining here,I have one of each,just depends on how sneaky I want to be whether I take the GN or the Limited.Choices choices

Kevin

OH MY GOD!!! I have never seen so much whining about not have a REAL GN before in my life. Just deal with it guys. If you must lie to yourselves to feel better about your Ts or Types or WTF ever you call them then do so but have some dignity and do it via PM. Good grief.
whining? who whining? there is a reason GN's pull more money. there MORE DESIRABLE! its not rocket science. ive owned both GN's and Turbo T's. who's lieing to anyone? get off the crack pipe would ya...... this coming from a guy with a mid 12 second clone....:eek: talk about lame and BORING! stock civics run 12's.:rolleyes: