Armalite M-15 A4 .223

tmsbuic

Friend would like to do some trading with me and has this rifle. Whats the general quality of this brand?

Armalite is Top of the Line. No worries there. Condition would be your biggest concern.

Condition and when it was made would be my 2 concerns. Is it pre or post? Since you're in AL this shouldn't be an issue but preban are worth more.;)

t-chrgd is completely correct, armalite makes great firearms, their ar-10 is on my wish list.
what are you trading ? just curious

My friend is bringing me the rifle today so I can examine it and test fire it this weekend. From what he is decribing, its actually a A2 Armalite from the late seventies. He aquired it from a multiple gun purchase recently and doesn't know anything about it or the brand name. He did say it had packing oil/grease on it before he cleaned it and looks like it hasn't been fired hardly if any. He said the metal portion of the rifle is colored green. Now he loves order style lever action rifles and he would like to trade this Armalite for my 1977 Marlin .35 Rem w/scope.
I'll upload a pic of the Armalite once I get it home and I'll check the serial# and see exactly what it is.