You can type here any text you want

Arp Headbolts or Studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sakudog

wondering what the experts think?

setup:
109 Block
BMS crank, rods
JE pistons
Roller Cam (210/210)
GN1 Aluminum heads
E85

Thanks!!

Studs hands down !

Question on the ARP Studs, do you re-torque them via a specific heat cycle sequence after first start?

Also, have you used RCJ HeadClamps? I was given a set with the GN1 heads I bought not sure what people think about them....

Studs. From what I've read, you retorque after letting them sit a few hours. I used a heat gun to simulate a heat cycle. ARP recommends torquing them 5 times if new. In other words, torque in seq to 80, then loosen 1/4 turn and retighten in sequence five times. Helps to properly stretch new studs.

Be sure to use sealant on whatever you use since they thread into the water jackets. I use Loctite 567 with good results.

Studs...dont even bother with bolts. Permatex #2 is my choice on the threads...very tenacious and stays pliable.

Cool thanks for the input guys! I guess my ARP headstuds were the right choice. :)

Make sure you have plenty of thread showing , you don't want to bottom out the nuts when torqueing the heads down ! I don't know if this is a problem with GN-1's but is with stockers.

Back