You can type here any text you want

At Crossroad With Engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I guess I am going to rebuild this the right way so......
Getting cam bearings installed, crank polished, rods checked and whatever else the machine shop recommends and seems reasonable.
Is there any advantage to installing two center billet center main caps at my power level?
The billet caps themselves seem reasonably priced.
caps are a good investment if you can swing it, probly not needed for what your doing. Still looking for pics of your main caps for detonation signs. everything really depends on how much it took, not to be a pita but it tells the story and can help to justify a crank,caps, and possibly block also I have split a block before with stock caps and bolts. Just passing along what I have seen.

I appreciate the help. What part of the main cap are you looking for pics of? The cap and block mating surfaces. I can snap some pics tonight when I get home.

I appreciate the help. What part of the main cap are you looking for pics of? The cap and block mating surfaces. I can snap some pics tonight when I get home.
just the flat surfaces that touch each other there bout the size of a stamp.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366244719.053992.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366244899.653375.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366245121.305410.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366245174.855267.jpg

So should I be investing in main studs and billet caps? Are both needed? Either needed?

it does not look like it saw much knock. I think you can just rebearing it and be done> billet caps +studs + align bore and cap fitment = 600 or more $ nothing wrong with it tho if want to do it.

Hey guys were is the best place to buy quality engine bearings these days? Weber Power Products? Are the coated bearings worth the additional cost or is it just a gimmick?
Who makes a good bearing? Opinions appreciated. I need to get these ordered tomorrow if possible.

Back