ATR 3'' dual exhaust

gearhead

Anybody Know if any other muff will fit the ATR 3'' system without having to cut it up? The pitbulls are a bit to loud for me. TIA

Dynomax Welded Ultraflows

I use Dynomax Welded Ultraflows on my duel 3" ATR system.
You will love the sound. They are much quieter. I sold my ATR Pittbulls before they were ever used. I learned back when I had a stock block with a 2.5 system, they were too loud for me.
Even with a cammed stage 2 with 76 turbo, the Ultraflows still sound good.

# 17220-- I believe.
http://www.dynomax.com/ultrafloweld.stm

I did the install at a friend's muffler shop. I think we trimmed a little off the tail pipes at the muffler. It will be well worth the change.

center in center out

Check that part number thur Summit. I believe 17220 is correct.

I have the 2 1/2 ATR. Do they also make a direct rplacement muffler for that size also? too much drone!

Thanks
George

Originally posted by 87SFI
I have the 2 1/2 ATR. Do they also make a direct rplacement muffler for that size also? too much drone!

Thanks
George

#17218 is the 2.5 center to center Ultraflow weded case.
I do not have drone with the 3" ones at all.

Guys,

How much does this system weigh?
I have heard that the dual 3inch units are tanks!

Bob did you ever try any kind of muff in place of th dump pipe to reduce drone? Thanks, Frank

Originally posted by gearhead
Bob did you ever try any kind of muff in place of th dump pipe to reduce drone? Thanks, Frank

Yes, I did. I got ATR to make a short Pit-bull to replace the test pipe. It was not real effective and did not stop the drone but it helped a little. They made them for a little while and discontinued them.
This was with my old 2.5 system.

When I called ATR a few weeks ago, they will sell exhaust systems WITHOUT their pitbull mufflers. But they don't give you much of price break.

Eg, they only would knock off $30 on a 3" single shot without their muffler.