You can type here any text you want

Atr head studs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtseast71

Getting ready to install my arp head studs noticed they are 3 different sizes .does anyone know the pattern of were they go. my heads are still at the machine shop

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

there should be 8 short , 4 mid size and 4 long

shortest go to the holes near outside of block ,
on the inner holes by valley ... the middle size goes to the outside , longest studs go to the center holes

use sealer on threads and the studs don't get torqued into block, just spun down to the last thread

You mite checks some threads on here I remember a while back a few had problems on a couple of the studs and had to double washer them because they run out of threads before they were able to torque them down properly.I to had to double washer a couple but it's been a few years and can't remember which ones.that is unless arp corrected the problem? don't hurt to check!

Order more ARP washers Put two washers per stud on the mid length ones. It will be obvious they are longer from the extra threads protruding through those vs. the others.

make sure to chase the threads in the block with a bottoming tap.

Last 2 sets of studs I have seen where fine for length no extra washers.

Be sure to use some Permatex High Temperature Thread sealant on the stud threads where they go into the block. Everyone has their favorite way to seal the threads, but GM specifies this sealer in one of their TSB's, and it works very well.

Don't put your studs in until you have your heads back. They need to be torqued down while the sealant is still fresh.

Thanks guys y'all always have the answers . When ever have a question . This is my first turbo Buick been a learning experience .

Thanks guys y'all always have the answers . When ever have a question . This is my first turbo Buick been a learning experience .

I agree great site,sometimes it's best to ask questions if uncertain a little tweak here or there can make the difference between success or failure .

Back