ATR headers

1984grandnat

I am thinking of ordering a set of ATR headers. I want to be pretty certain that I will like them before I shell out the big bucks, though. How does everyone feel about the ATRs? Good quality, good fit, do they last? Just wanna make sure, that's alot of damn money!:D

best money i have spent. thay end all exhaust problems, most of all leaks.should last as long as the car.fit perfect.only problem is the down pipe is made longer to allow for exhaust mods.if you have the stock cat you will need to cut the down pipe and weld a flange that thay include, so the cat will bolt to the down pipe. i also used fel pro 1400 gaskets and a weak thread locker to bolt the headers to the block.i had a problem with bolts backing out and blowing a hole in the gasket on my stock headers. i tryed thread locker and had no more leaks. so i did the same on the atrs.so far nice and quiet,no tic- tic-tic. and thay thrn a cool purple-blue color after some time.plus thay add i beleave 40 h.p. thay sure set my car on fire.i will run my car soon, and the only power add on i have is the headers(ta49 is not on now) we will see how much thay help.will post it when i run.

My car already has the cat removed, and a pipe welded to the end of the factory DP. The other end of this pipe simply bolts directly to the Hooker Y-Pipe via the four-bolt flange. So, maybe the longer DP will be a good thing, huh?

Thumbs up.;)
I only added the passenger side header and downpipe and that made a HUGE difference. Spooling and top-end.

Originally posted by RSTTYPE85
Thumbs up.;)
I only added the passenger side header and downpipe and that made a HUGE difference. Spooling and top-end.

Do they sell the passenger side without the driver side?

Hey Jared. J&K, Rey, Dave, and most of the other hot air owners know where to get their ATR parts from!! Take care buddy.

Dave,

I got mine no questions asked. (Just show me the $$)

:D

Jared,

This Michael McCoy, guy. I don't know who he is. Nah, just kidding. He'll take good care of you.

does atr have a website?
through who do you order there products?

Yes, ATR does have a web site, although there isn't much mention of the headers (no pics, unfortunately). To order a set, check with Michael McCoy. I think he may have a set or two sitting around...;)

BTW guys, I installed the headers the other day, and so far I think I'm gonna like them. I only have the DS, PS and X-over so far, but the car feels a little different already (lots quieter, of course). Can't wait to add the up and down pipes! May just get the ATR up pipe, and see if I can find a 3" downpipe from someone else, but there aren't too many out there for the hotair setup!

If anyone knows of one, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!:D

Headers

Well I have buddy that has atr headers and one with poston headers. They both like their headers. They said after they installed them the car pulled alot harder. It's all personal opinion.I plan to order some atr headers once my motor get put back together.

Allan