You can type here any text you want

ATR S2 exhaust flange needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

I'm looking for an exhaust flange for ATR S2 headers. I am looking to double up on the passenger side header flange to move the header away from the head/valve cover. I also need to come up with a better bolt/stud/fastening scheme for the first bolt hole on #2 cylinder.

Anybody have one or two they want to sell? any ideas on the fastener for #2? I'm sure someone has solved this problem before me.

I bought a pair from an Ebayer named mikev-6. Try a seach on Ebay for him ... if not I can pm you his name and address. He seems to sell a lot of S2stuff on Ebay so may have some more. I paid $15 plus $10 for freight.

I'm attaching a pic to show you these. It has the normal holes, countersunk, plus another set in each opposing corner. I don't understand it since the ATR flanges arent shaped like these Ebay ones and there isn't enough meat on the ATR to match up with the extra holes on the Ebay set. Perhaps he welded some side plates on his headers, machined them flat, drilled holes and used them that way. (Muddy explanation.)

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 182
Dave, here is a single header flange that has had the tubes cut off. this would work as a spacer. it is 3/8 thick with 1 7/8 ID pipes. $20.00 shipped to your door Mike :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-030F.JPG
    MVC-030F.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 198
  • MVC-031F.JPG
    MVC-031F.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 192
Dave,

I have a set of those header adapters in the pics above. You can have them. I think they were used on the Bush motors.

Let me know,
Scott

Awesome!!

Chris, The adapters with 2 sets of holes are "Stahl" adapters. I had a set of SBC headers with 2" primaries that used this style adapter. Those would work but I think Mike has a better solution.

Mike, Perfect! that flange will work. I'll sent funds via paypal.

THANKS!!

Dave

Exactly Dave....they have the name Stahl engraved on them. Now if you'd be kind as to explain to me how they are supposed to be bolted. :)

The countersunk holes are for the stock bolts into the heads, and using the counter sunk type that would leave a flat surface to mate the headers. So then I'm thinking that the others are for studs since they're threaded. K...but we still have the problem of bolting the damn things on except now it's ever worse with the nuts (if studs are used) being behind the primaries. In a more restictive place than the stock ones.

Thanks.

Chris,

You're right. The countersunk bolts are flush so you have a good sealing surface. The alternate bolt pattern allows the header to step up to a bigger tube. The SBC headers I had were 2" primaries. The header is mounted to the adapter with studs............ I never said they were fun or easy to install!!

Scott, thanks for the offer. I think I'll be better off with the single flange with one bolt pattern.

My plan at this point is to weld the second flange in the ports and all the way around the outside to the first flange. I may just enlarge the first bolt position on the #2 cylinder so that a nut will go through the first flange and clamp against the second flange. Probably need to mill the sealing surface after all that welding. The double thick flanges should give me a better sealing surface, which has been a problem on the passenger side.

flange

You could have went to spdexhaust.com , they have the stgII flange in 304 ss up to 5/8" thick. You would have to call them since it would be a special order.

Hey i have a set of brand new atr stainless stage 2 headers for single t4 flange i even ported the inlets if you know someone that wants a set im selling them .Laz

The header flange turned out to be a Stahl pattern flange, so I'm still searching for a S2 flange.

The ATR flange is a 1 3/4" round port Identical to the SCE 4272 copper gasket. I called Spdexhaust. Their catalog only lists square port S2 flanges. I'm still waiting for a return call from them to see if they will make a roundport (or no port) version for me. I can cut the port holes myself.

Anybody have a CNC waterjet in their garage?

Back