You can type here any text you want

ATR vs. H&R sway bar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
HR Bar is the bomb, ATR is cheap.

I think it depends more on your budget than anything else.

Although they might look similar in appearance when viewed from behind the car, they're quite different in the way they work. The ATR is just a bigger diameter stock replacement bar which bolts in the same place (the lower control arms) as the stock bar, and the H&R is held under the differential housing by two clamps and have two adjustable links that bolt to the car's frame, in front above the differential. The problem with the ATR bar is that it's too stiff for the lower control arms and will eventually do some damage to them, unless you have some good quality aftermarket ones. It will still make some annoying creaking sounds though. I had one for a short period of time and eventually got rid of it. The H&R is a much more refined piece that doesn't do any damage anywhere and is completely silent. BUT...I found out that since I put my H&R bar on, the car leaves the line more level (which is what it's supposed to do) but not as spectacular as it did before...:frown:
Hope this helps...

Claude.:)

I found out that since I put my H&R bar on, the car leaves the line more level (which is what it's supposed to do) but not as spectacular as it did before...:frown:
Hope this helps...

Claude.:)

Great info. How do mean tho that it was not as spectacular?

I had both. The HR bar is 100000000 times better. I ran the ATR bar without a front sway bar and the car handled horrible. It had body roll like a bus around corners. Plus I could never keep the bolts tight on it either. I put the HR bar on and the car handled better than stock even with the front bar off. The HR bar is expensive but it is worth every penny IMO.

Great info. How do mean tho that it was not as spectacular?

By "spectacular", I meant that the car was twisting more when launching, with one wheel higher that the other and you had to hold the steering wheel tight to make sure that it would keep going straight...:rolleyes: Definitely NOT the ideal setup, but the spectators loved it...:D ...No more of that with the H&R bar though...:frown:
The two pictures below show the difference when launching WITH NO H&R bar (pic on the left) and WITH the H&R bar (pic on the right). Both these pictures are at the same track in the same lane too...(Raceway Park Englishtown, NJ.)

Claude. :wink:

Well u guys suk!:cool: Now I think im gonna have to order the H&R bar:mad:. That what I was wondering was there a considerable difference between the two and apparently there is.

How much does it cost? Like $600 or so? Never had to buy one b4. An ATR bar came with all the cars I have bought.

try finding a 1.5" BMR bar, I am about to try mine out soon.

anyone ever run one?

Brett the price is 509.00 i think!

Worth every penny. :biggrin: Did you ever see how fast the used HR bars sell? I only see about 1 a year at most anyway. They go for $400+ and sell within hours or less of being listed.

Worth every penny. :biggrin: Did you ever see how fast the used HR bars sell? I only see about 1 a year at most anyway. They go for $400+ and sell within hours or less of being listed.

I hear ya. I missed one a week or so ago:mad: Did score some HR upper adj/lower control arms tho:biggrin:

By "spectacular", I meant that the car was twisting more when launching, with one wheel higher that the other and you had to hold the steering wheel tight to make sure that it would keep going straight...:rolleyes: Definitely NOT the ideal setup, but the spectators loved it...:D ...No more of that with the H&R bar though...:frown:
The two pictures below show the difference when launching WITH NO H&R bar (pic on the left) and WITH the H&R bar (pic on the right). Both these pictures are at the same track in the same lane too...(Raceway Park Englishtown, NJ.)

Claude. :wink:

Your car looks great Claude!
Paul

Still running a stocker. :D I have thought about one of these Wolfe Race Craft - Detail .

Hey Doug the Wolfe bar isn't known for being a street bar more of a drag only type piece...I don't know how much you drive your car, but I've had an ATR bar on both of my cars and both have gone 1.4x's.

I REALLY want a HR bar though.

The best thing I noticed on the HR bar was the street driving. The car handles night and day better than the ATR bar. Waaay less body roll around corners. The car just feels way more stable. I do not think I got any better 60ft times. But the car feels more stable on launches. I would never go back to an ATR style bar after having the HR bar.

Hey Doug the Wolfe bar isn't known for being a street bar more of a drag only type piece...I don't know how much you drive your car, but I've had an ATR bar on both of my cars and both have gone 1.4x's.

I REALLY want a HR bar though.

I'm with Collin on this. The weld in bars are probably not the best on the street. I've been high 1.3's with my ATR but I too want a HR bar bad..

If you have good traction and you leave with the same boost/power, then you probably won't get any better 60 foot times. BUT, the HR bar allows you to leave with much more power, and not have to worry about twisting the car up. Claude is right about it though. It is boring to launch now. I leave with the same power I had before, but I no longer have to turn the wheel, and wrestle with the car to keep it straight. You just hold the wheel with one hand, and rest the other on the top of your door, or maybe tune the radio. It goes that straight.
Great pictures too. Shows the whole story.

Back