You can type here any text you want

ATR vs. H&R sway bar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do you still need air bags when running the hr bar and can you run stock upper and lowers in beginning until you can afford hr uppers n lowers. My long time bud Scott W. ran full setup loved it drove on street,drag raced it and even auto crossed it at the run through the hills event in Tennesee and said it preformed great in each setting seems the way to go
Thanks Tom

Air bags optional with the HR bar, and you can run stock control arms with it.

Do you still need air bags when running the hr bar and can you run stock upper and lowers in beginning until you can afford hr uppers n lowers. My long time bud Scott W. ran full setup loved it drove on street,drag raced it and even auto crossed it at the run through the hills event in Tennesee and said it preformed great in each setting seems the way to go
Thanks Tom

The H&R bar is probably faster on an autocross or on smooth pavement than the similar designed Pro touring bar, but if the pavement is rough, like in the frost belt, the H&R bar might make the rear a little too stiff, for times like when you hit a bump mid corner.

Since I have video of me sliding off the road at 105 mph in full opposite lock, which was the direct result of a rough corner, a stiff rear end and a lot of speed, I would give up a few skid pad numbers for real world control. I say this only after nearly crashing. Before that I thought it was great and my car was never faster, but it can bite you hard if you push it.

The H&R bar is probably faster on an autocross or on smooth pavement than the similar designed Pro touring bar, but if the pavement is rough, like in the frost belt, the H&R bar might make the rear a little too stiff, for times like when you hit a bump mid corner.

Since I have video of me sliding off the road at 105 mph in full opposite lock, which was the direct result of a rough corner, a stiff rear end and a lot of speed, I would give up a few skid pad numbers for real world control. I say this only after nearly crashing. Before that I thought it was great and my car was never faster, but it can bite you hard if you push it.

Are you planning to go with the watts link now? I'm going to be working on the rear end now so I'm wondering what you have experinced. I like the idea of the Watts link.

Are you planning to go with the watts link now? I'm going to be working on the rear end now so I'm wondering what you have experinced. I like the idea of the Watts link.

It looks like we are going with the watts link. The handling with the PT was so good, going back to a regular bar would be a step backwards.

The car is fastest with a big rear bar and lots of negative camber in the front end. The problem with this set up is its real scary at the limits. It wasn't hard to drive because if you go into a corner too fast, let off and it would oversteer, scrub off speed and make the corner... unless you went in too fast + 1 mph, then you could be sliding through the weeds at the corner exit.

Making it less scary meant lowering the limits (taking out camber and adding a larger swaybar in the front).

Freeing up the rear axles takes a lot of the scariness while at speeds close to the limits we had back when it was scary to drive.

HR bar, is the end brackets welded to the frame or what are they bolted to?

Back