You can type here any text you want

ATTN: Rear seat Bolt in X brace owners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Recently had my rear seat out putting in carpet and noticed the metal around where the upper center mounting point for the x braces had some small stress cracks forming around the bolt in area.

I bet there are several other cars out there that are like this as well. Good thing to check.

Going to weld up the crack and either weld in the braces or just do the GNX style and weld it in.

By any chance do your rear seat braces buzz or rattle?

Mine do & I've tried several things to silence them, short of removing them.

~JM~

BOLTS SUCK!!! Get the GNX brace and tig it in place. Its now part of the car, as if the factory put it in. I did mine that way a few years back. It stopped the body flex and my car is a T-top car.
There are several braces, bushings, and other items to make these cars better. I think I own all of them.

Thanks
Coach

No pics and no rattles. I put this in over ten years ago and never really looked at it again until the interior redo

Those cross braces are junk. I am going to take mine out and weld in the gnx brace. I would bet my life the cross braces flex a whole lot. thats why they have rubber in between them. so they dont squeak

BOLTS SUCK!!! Get the GNX brace and tig it in place. Its now part of the car, as if the factory put it in. I did mine that way a few years back. It stopped the body flex and my car is a T-top car.
There are several braces, bushings, and other items to make these cars better. I think I own all of them.

Thanks
Coach
Anybody remake the GNX brace? If anyone has one for sale I am interested. Alternatively the measurements would be great.

Bryan

Anybody remake the GNX brace? If anyone has one for sale I am interested. Alternatively the measurements would be great.

Bryan

Hey Brian,
Tinman makes them and I think Kirban sells them. World of Motorworks sells them too.

Coach

Back