You can type here any text you want

Auto Trailer Rental or Purchase for GS Nats '08

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNregistry

I was wondering....

I live in Wisconsin near Appleton, 54911

I purchased 87 GN hardtop, and I would like to bring it to the GS Nationals, but can't drive it and don't want to drive it.

I have Jeep 4x4 Overland 4.7L HO, should I get a F150 or 250 or can I use my jeep to pull flatbed trailer with GN?

Anybody have room for another car, what are my options? if any

I don't need to bring it, but would like to...

I have thought of getting a trailer, but prefer to drive my cars vs trailering to events... advice in need over here...

What are the do's and don't for trailer 101?

I originally wanted an enclosed trailer for GN #1 (t-top), but with GN #2 hardtop and 88k miles, I don't care about the enclosed part yet

Brett
cell 920.279.5466

Your JEEP will pull it ok you will need to be careful of where you put the car on the trailer. When you tow with a short wheel base tow rig you need to be sure you center the GN on the trailer. When you load the GN pull the car on the trailer have someone with you watch the JEEP as you pull the GN up. Their is a balance point where the GN is on the trailer and the tow rig is not taking all the weight of the GN. Take the time to find out how it pulls before you take the big trip, load the GN up on the trailer and drive it around see how it feels take it on a short hihgway run a speed to see if you have any sway in the trailer once you have found a good spot for the GN on the trailer MARK THAT SPOT so when you load the next time you know where to put it.

Suggest the trlr have a GOOD set of brakes... No way will that Jeep brake system handle another 5000# load.
Should have 10% of the load on the hitch, to help control sway.
If it was mine, I'd opt for the F250....

Back