Autozone batteriers

Sal Lubrano

I have a jeep which I do not drive very much if at all. The original Chrysler battery was getting old so I figured I would change it for insurance reason, did not want to get stuck. About a year a go I purchased a yellow Duralast Gold Battery from Autozone, six months later the battery was bad and would not take a charge. They game me a free replacement. Now today the battery is dead again. I know it was fully charged about a month a go. The original Chrysler battery would sit there for a year and still start the car. I need a good battery which can hold a charge and last like the original. Would Sears Diehard be a good brand? What would you recommend. I have also spoken with a friend who has a car which sits for a while and the same thing happens to his yellow battery from Autozone. I know there is nothing wrong with the car. Those batteries are not made very well in my opinion. Not really looking to put in an optima battery unless there is a good reason. Just want a good well made quality battery.

If the car sits for long periods of time, I would invest in a Battery Tender Plus.

I have a jeep which I do not drive very much if at all. The original Chrysler battery was getting old so I figured I would change it for insurance reason, did not want to get stuck. About a year a go I purchased a yellow Duralast Gold Battery from Autozone, six months later the battery was bad and would not take a charge. They game me a free replacement. Now today the battery is dead again. I know it was fully charged about a month a go. The original Chrysler battery would sit there for a year and still start the car. I need a good battery which can hold a charge and last like the original. Would Sears Diehard be a good brand? What would you recommend. I have also spoken with a friend who has a car which sits for a while and the same thing happens to his yellow battery from Autozone. I know there is nothing wrong with the car. Those batteries are not made very well in my opinion. Not really looking to put in an optima battery unless there is a good reason. Just want a good well made quality battery.

AZ batteries are rated conusmer reports best buy. You need to check for more than a 1 amp draw with nothing in the vehicle that is on. If you have more than that, then there is the reason you are having battery issues.

the reality is that there are only a couple of places that make batteries, and the quality doesn't vary that much within the brands that come out of a given factory.. that being said, you can't go wrong with Interstate batteries and i've actually had good luck with the cheap EverStart batteries from Wal Mart. maybe they come from the same factory?

my truck currently has an Interstate in it that is about 3.5 years old.. it can sit for months at a time and always cranks over when i need it to start. it wings it over like nothing in the dead of winter, and doesn't blink in July when the engine is hot and the starter is heat soaked. the only current draw on that when it sits is the stock mechanical clock (which keeps the time within a few minutes over several months- not bad for something that's 24 years old) and the memory in the aftermarket tape deck.

I actually got 8-1/2 trouble free years from my factory MotorCraft batteries in both my 96 Bronco, and again from my Focus. Changed both just because I didn't want to risk another winter on em. Aside from the MotorCraft's, I also run Interstate's with great success in holding charge for long periods.

But in your case, I would be checking that draw. A freinds 3-yo Jeep Wrangler just had a similar suddenly developed problem of killing bat's. He had the electrical problem fixed under warranty.

Or put a disconnect on the battery. They sell those twist kind for the positive terminal.