You can type here any text you want

Autozone PM costs money now....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hydroboost Conversion

Our Hydroboosts, New, With New Master, At $545.00, Is Less Than The Rebuilt P/m......

I've done a lot of research on this and I'm convinced that Hydroboost is the way to go. With the brake unit and the hoses, it's pricey compared to vacuum the other alternative, but I think it's well worth the expense. Hydroboost is going to be the next investment for my Buick. PowerbrakeBob above sells nice stuff.

It seems like everybody has forgotten about the '86 Electra Estate Wagon powermaster. It's about 1/2 price.

Paul

Hydroboost Conversion

The Wagon P/m's Are The Same Unit, Part For Part As The Buick P/m, Except For The Pedal Rod And The Reservoir. The Only Difference Is That There Are Fewer Of Those Cars Left, And Nobody Saves Them For Restorations. Using Them For Parts, Though, Still Leads To The Same Problems The G.n.'s Have.

Our Hydroboosts, New, With New Master, At $545.00, Is Less Than The Rebuilt P/m......

The purchase price of the Kirbans unit with a lifetime warranty is less than both your Hydroboost and the Autozone web page.

$449.95 (as of today)

EDIT: BTW Bob, I am glad to see that you have reduced the cost of your kit. It's much more reasonable now.

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

Hi Zeus. I Know You Like Those Powermasters. They Are Cool, And I Have And Do Rebuild Them. I Have Used Them For Some Oddball Applications, Also, But I Just Don't Like The Long Term Usage Of A 12v Motor/pump For Everyday Use. Most Of The Pumps Are 20 Years Old Now. Even Low Mileage Cars Lose Those Pumps. I'm Not Sure What Kirban's Supplies With Their Rebuilt Unit. Rebuilding Is What We Do, But...according To Other Posts, The Kirban's Rebuilt Does Not Come With A New Motor. Does It Come With A New Switch And Accumulator? That's The Expensive Part Of Supplying That Unit. If We Rebuild Those, We Would Want To Furnish A New Motor With It. The Hydroboost Price Is The Jobber Price That I Offer To The Turbobuick Guys, But The Stainless Hose Kit Is Extra, Over That Price.

POWERBRAKEBOB said:
I'm Not Sure What Kirban's Supplies With Their Rebuilt Unit. Rebuilding Is What We Do, But...according To Other Posts, The Kirban's Rebuilt Does Not Come With A New Motor. Does It Come With A New Switch And Accumulator? That's The Expensive Part Of Supplying That Unit. If We Rebuild Those, We Would Want To Furnish A New Motor With It.
Hey Bob,
Both of the Kirbans units that I have actually seen in front of my eyes have not had what I would call a "new" motor on them. One of them was actually stamped 'remanufactured', the other looked like an excellent condition original. They both functioned well and timed out just fine.

The only motors I have seen that I would call 'new' are the units from Hank....like the one I have. :D The pic on the Kirbans web site shows a new motor. In fairness to Dennis - his motors timed out the same, or better, as my motor. The acc's and switches on his units are new.

POWERBRAKEBOB said:
The Hydroboost Price Is The Jobber Price That I Offer To The Turbobuick Guys, But The Stainless Hose Kit Is Extra, Over That Price.
Glad to hear it. Anyone wanting a conversion I will send your way. I hope one day to start hearing good things about your conversion kits.

Z

Hi Zeus. I Know You Like Those Powermasters. They Are Cool, And I Have And Do Rebuild Them. I Have Used Them For Some Oddball Applications, Also, But I Just Don't Like The Long Term Usage Of A 12v Motor/pump For Everyday Use. Most Of The Pumps Are 20 Years Old Now. Even Low Mileage Cars Lose Those Pumps. I'm Not Sure What Kirban's Supplies With Their Rebuilt Unit. Rebuilding Is What We Do, But...according To Other Posts, The Kirban's Rebuilt Does Not Come With A New Motor. Does It Come With A New Switch And Accumulator? That's The Expensive Part Of Supplying That Unit. If We Rebuild Those, We Would Want To Furnish A New Motor With It. The Hydroboost Price Is The Jobber Price That I Offer To The Turbobuick Guys, But The Stainless Hose Kit Is Extra, Over That Price.

Dude, seriously...what the phuck is up with capitalizing every word? It makes your posts VERY unpleasant to read.

About this product:
Part Number: 50-4213
Weight: 11.62 lbs.
Warranty: LLT
Application: Except Police package
Station Wagon
Note: With master cylinder
Pricing:
Unit Price:
$106.97
*Core Value:
$57.00
Total Price:
$163.97

Am I seeing what you're all seeing?

About this product:
Part Number: 50-4213
Weight: 11.62 lbs.
Warranty: LLT
Application: Except Police package
Station Wagon
Note: With master cylinder
Pricing:
Unit Price:
$106.97
*Core Value:
$57.00
Total Price:
$163.97

Am I seeing what you're all seeing?

That search turned up a vaccum system

Dude, seriously...what the phuck is up with capitalizing every word? It makes your posts VERY unpleasant to read.

I think there's a hiccup in the system.
Bob posts with his caps lock on.
I have done it myself once or twice not thinking, but noticed the results.

I know the reservoir on the regal powermaster is different than the electra. Is this the only difference? Parts america is selling them for $312. Part# 529700

I started to post someting like this a few months ago, then decided not to. Seriously, Bob, it makes it really annoying to read your posts.

caps

you mean like otto? i hope you appreciate the information given on this forum. it was meant to inform. yes, i am bad boy bob, and yes, i have other names like that.

How much to rebuild a PM Bob?

Any rebuild kits out there? Prices on the new/reman sucks. Mine just went out:frown:

Back