You can type here any text you want

Auxiliary Pwr Source to ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Underboost

Mr. Dull
Has anyone ever ran an auxiliary power source to the ECM. I have the Battery relocated in the trunk with an On Off switch. If I want to save the parameters on the TT chip then I will need a separate power source that will kick in at the first sign of a voltage drop. Anyone know of such a thing?

Thank's in advance. :)

Why not just run the orange ECM power wire to the battery on the power side of the cutoff switch? No less NHRA legal than having a second battery you are using as a memory backup.

Greg Kring

LOL I just have one battery. That sounds like a good Idea why didn't I think of that. Thanks ;)

Why not just run the orange ECM power wire to the battery on the power side of the cutoff switch? No less NHRA legal than having a second battery you are using as a memory backup.

Greg Kring

Well I rerouted the ECM wire. ;) From the ECM to a weather pack connector like it had up front by the overflow then to a 20amp fuse straight to the battery. :D Works perfect. See I needed to save the parameters on the TT chip as well as the block learns in the ECM when I push off on the battery cut off.

A Good (stable voltage) Question....

Since this question was never (really) answered and there are some fluctuating voltage concerns with MSD Ign. systems with advanced design past the 6A (I'm referring to the newer digital [7 Series]) has anyone given consideration to this threads' question which (answer) missed the mark IMO w/stable voltage and spikes that maybe upsetting these particular ECMs :confused:

I'm guessing that the powers that be with MSD would never admit this situation exists, since their shi* doesn't stink.

Back