Awesome Job by the GSCA and Jim Carswell

And where were you at? The redneck to Yankee percentage was almost even this year. You have to tighten up man. We have to get a few more Southerners there. :D In all seriousness, we missed you this year Shane. You need to get Cal a bigger banner and plan on setting up a booth next year. I already worked out the details for you if you are interested. Thanks for the kind words sir but don't tell too many. We all know I have a reputation to up-hold. Thanks again. :cool:

Jim C.

Kidney Stone:eek: I wasn't going to chance getting in the middle of the trip and passing that:eek: I plan to go every year, sometimes circumstances get me.....

Give me a shout on the details!!!!!!

BTW, BIG thanks to Cal for flying the banner, Clint carried up and Cal offered to fly the colors of the best Buick Board on the net:biggrin:

Hats off to Jim and the Beechbend crew on track prep - best I can remember in many years. Track was definitely HOOKING this week - We cut our best ever 60 ft of 1.02 secs! Big thanks to Cal for the tuning assistance - we were on the right track until our turbo went south - I definitely see one of those AMS1000s in my future!

Hats off to Jim and the Beechbend crew on track prep - best I can remember in many years. Track was definitely HOOKING this week - We cut our best ever 60 ft of 1.02 secs! Big thanks to Cal for the tuning assistance - we were on the right track until our turbo went south - I definitely see one of those AMS1000s in my future!

Will,

That is a great 60, what was your best full hit of the weekend?

Will,

That is a great 60, what was your best full hit of the weekend?

The closest thing to a full hit was a dismal 8.65 banging the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift and with only 16psi down track. Now that I've had time to really think about it, I believe the turbo was going south on that run (hence the low boost) and finally died completely on the next run taking the oil pump with it. I'm pulling the engine out tonight to see what all is hurt.......

As an additional FYI, while I haven't been able to twist enough arms yet to get an actual turbo V8 Regal class I want ya'll to know that we are allowing any cars to test and tune so long as they aren't tearing up the track and if there is some grudge racing to be done I will be setting them up behind the heads up classes next year so they will have a good surface to run on. So ladies and germs think about bringing out the V8 turbo cars, Louie, Dusty and anyone else. Nothing like some grudge racing. Give it a thought or two...... I need a grudge racing RRA to coordinate with me so that we can get them lined up where they need to be and when they need to be there. Any volunteers PM me. Thanks.

Jim C.

Cool Jim. Be glad to bring a V8 turbo car.

Props to the track prep as well. Beech Bend has never been known for a record setting track. Considering that, the track was better than it has ever been for the Nats. It's usually a pretty good surface for NMRA and NMCA so we were happy to see it close to that level for the Nats. It finally came around on the top end for that 6.9 pass:eek: Never expected to see it at BG. We stuck around yesterday to make 2 more passes in a friends new TSO car. Beech Bend had their regular bracket program and the track wasn't as good as you had it Saturday. We couldn't make it 30 feet without spinning.

The racing was also as smooth as it's ever been so a big thumbs up for the organization.

You know usually it is as loud as a stadium after the Nats with all of the keyboard superheros bashing. This year it seems as quiet as a church on the net but then again I haven't been to the toilet to see what the inmates are up to and I don't feel like upping his board traffic by even posting there. :rolleyes: Jim C.

Actually Jim since 2008 is a new year for all Buick events, maybe the superheros are trying to bring some long overdue harmony into the Buick community by being nuetral and keeping their thoughts to themsevles. Starting your post off with a negative comment is not helping heal any past wounds.
Congratulations on a successful 2008 GSCA Nationals. Although I did not attend I've been told it was a blast. Cudos for a job well done.
BTW, a majority of the keyboard players are going to be at Norwalk in a few weeks. Stop by and say hi as we will extend a hand in friendship and you'll see how civilized we all really are. Seriously...we don't bite !!! See you then.

Actually Jim since 2008 is a new year for all Buick events, maybe the superheros are trying to bring some long overdue harmony into the Buick community by being nuetral and keeping their thoughts to themsevles. Starting your post off with a negative comment is not helping heal any past wounds.
Congratulations on a successful 2008 GSCA Nationals. Although I did not attend I've been told it was a blast. Cudos for a job well done.
BTW, a majority of the keyboard players are going to be at Norwalk in a few weeks. Stop by and say hi as we will extend a hand in friendship and you'll see how civilized we all really are. Seriously...we don't bite !!! See you then.

Thank you and pardon my scepticism but only time will tell. Take care.

Jim C.

Cool Jim. Be glad to bring a V8 turbo car.

Props to the track prep as well. Beech Bend has never been known for a record setting track. Considering that, the track was better than it has ever been for the Nats. It's usually a pretty good surface for NMRA and NMCA so we were happy to see it close to that level for the Nats. It finally came around on the top end for that 6.9 pass:eek: Never expected to see it at BG. We stuck around yesterday to make 2 more passes in a friends new TSO car. Beech Bend had their regular bracket program and the track wasn't as good as you had it Saturday. We couldn't make it 30 feet without spinning.

The racing was also as smooth as it's ever been so a big thumbs up for the organization.

Thanks Dusty, I hope to see you in Reynolds. I have to get with those folks so that we can get the track together as last year I saw allot of skating around. Silver Dollar is a great track we just need some more heat and rubber on it for the Nov. event. See ya soon.

Jim C.

Jim, What a fantistic job you and your staff did at BG this year. I had the best short time, mph and et ever. Thanks for all of the dedication. I hope to see you next year.

As an additional FYI, while I haven't been able to twist enough arms yet to get an actual turbo V8 Regal class I want ya'll to know that we are allowing any cars to test and tune so long as they aren't tearing up the track and if there is some grudge racing to be done I will be setting them up behind the heads up classes next year so they will have a good surface to run on. So ladies and germs think about bringing out the V8 turbo cars, Louie, Dusty and anyone else. Nothing like some grudge racing. Give it a thought or two...... I need a grudge racing RRA to coordinate with me so that we can get them lined up where they need to be and when they need to be there. Any volunteers PM me. Thanks.

Jim C.

Jim ,
Thats awesome news! Ill be there!

Crawfish Table Photo - GS Nationals 2008

GS_Nationals_052008.449.725.crawfish.jpg

Great job Jim! I hope you were serious about joining us at Norwalk in a few weeks.
Congratulations to Ron on joining the many other 9 sec cars up that way.
Jim Carswell and Gomes in Norwalk ,Oh this could get very interesting!
Ill be there to see this with a lounge chair and a pound of ice cream FUR SURE!
Hope they have Maple Walnut

Team Gallina/Jim C (p.i.m.p.)/Kenny Duttweiler Racing

Here is photo of John Gallina, Jim Carswell, Kenny Duttweiler after Saturday Final Racing.... standing in front of the OFFICIAL fastest V-6 GN in the COUNTRY...

GS_Nationals_052008.2022.1280.JimC.jpg

Hey Jim, send me your email or nearest walmart photo center and I will send it and you can pick it up there, choose the size, 4x6 5x7, 8x10, etc

Brett
pimp g'pa, you might be a p.i.m.p. but I am the G'Pa of y'all

great year.... great event, great people

GS Nationals is the Super Bowl and Indy 500 rolled up into the Buick Biggest Event to kick off the summer every year...

Here is photo of John Gallina, Jim Carswell, Kenny Duttweiler after Saturday Final Racing.... standing in front of the OFFICIAL fastest V-6 GN in the COUNTRY...

Dammmm Jim You got some big paws, thats a pic for the memory books:)

Even though I had a rough time with my car there this year, I had a great time!! Can't wait until next year:biggrin: Seemed like everything ran very smooth and was well thought out...great job:D

I appreciate all of the comments, emails and phone calls but have to point out that without the wonderful GSCA staff and willingness of the track staff to prep the track the way I wanted it none of this would have been possible. Like any great running machine it is the overall combination that makes the performance what it is. Thanks again.

Jim C.

Like I said previously John, Jan, Len and Kenny are great folks. I am looking forward to Norwalk. Plan to see ya'll there and already took the time off. I will be flying in on Friday. See ya'll and hopefully someone very special there. :biggrin:

Signed,
"A short fat bald f*ck*r" (I think that was it.)

I would like to also make sure that my guys in the staging lanes Norm and Jason know that their help was invaluable as was our media guy Brett. He sees the entire Nats through the lens of his cameras.

Jim C.