You can type here any text you want

Azz handed to me by a Honda

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Oh yeah, forgot about the generators, LOL.

I've never seeen a fast honda, I keep hearing about them. Supposedly an acquaintance of a friend is building a crx that says it'll run 10's. My GN would run 8's if I shaved off the weight down to what he's going to be:eek: Show me a mid 11 second honda that is still full weight and has Cruise, A/C, power seat, pw, pdl, etc...

There used to be one here in Cruces that would run mid 12's with almost $45k invested in the engine. He was so proud. Helped him out at the track a few times when he had no idea what was going on with the car. Real nice kid except for the first time he ran it, he beat the stock Camaro in the other lane and when crossed the line, he moved over into the other lane and turned on his hazzard lights. Got back to the burnout box and the track owner shut everything down and made an example out of his ricer techniques. "If you cross the line like that again, you are OUT OF HERE!!!" and then let everyone resume the activities. :D It was great.

I know of two local Honda's that will take 95% of the Buicks on this forum!!!

yeah but how much money/work did it take for them honda's to get there, to be able to beat all these GN's

I went out to a car show last night. Met a friend of mine that has a 9.70 stock block Supra. He told me about the guy that tunes his motor. 8.5 second Integra. I said in the eighth!? He said in the 1/4.:eek:

This guy holds the national record for FWD 4 banger.

Pretty sure you won't see that car on the street. My buddies Supra on the other hand I have seen on the street.

I went out to a car show last night. Met a friend of mine that has a 9.70 stock block Supra. He told me about the guy that tunes his motor. 8.5 second Integra. I said in the eighth!? He said in the 1/4.:eek:

This guy holds the national record for FWD 4 banger.

Pretty sure you won't see that car on the street. My buddies Supra on the other hand I have seen on the street.

That would be Tony's Integra. He was the first into the 8s and is probably one of the top 3 Honda tuners in the country. I would love to see what he could do with a GN.

And for the other guys that have never seen a fast Honda I coupld probably point one out to you but it wouldn't matter. You could watch one click off a 10 second pass and still not see it. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying they are not out there. Anything can be made fast if you throw enough at it. But the ones I run into on a daily basis, that THINK they have something...are a total JOKE. Heck, I used to eat them with my '99 Regal GS 4 door sedan! QUIETLY!

Yep, Most of the fast LOOKING Hondas are just that, gobs of dough sunk into body kits, tires, big wing and real loud fart can.

they act like their gonna lay it down... prolly due to only knowing the butt dyno on the first car they ever owned.

I had a sweet looking VW GTI next to me at light last night, Green came up, I kept up next to him untill second gear then I put it to the wood and just rolled on by.

I'm not saying they are not out there. Anything can be made fast if you throw enough at it. But the ones I run into on a daily basis, that THINK they have something...are a total JOKE. Heck, I used to eat them with my '99 Regal GS 4 door sedan! QUIETLY!

One can say the same thing about any make/model of car. Some of you guys are acting as if it's impossible to come across a fast Honda. I'll agree that even in very populated areas seeing one is rare. But when you do see one it'll probably surprise you because I have some bad news for you guys, they're not riced out. In fact, most look just like that Honda the lady down the street drives. A lot of us GN owners enjoy that our cars can go unnoticed by most folks. Even some car enthusiasts will just say, "Nice Monte." The same goes for owners of fast Hondas. What's more fun than blending in with the crowd and only standing out when it counts most? Sleepers are a hit in every car circle and the Honda community is no different. They use OEM-looking rims, paint intercoolers black, recirculate BOVs, let the factory paint fade and so on. That 8 second Integra is just a tip of the iceberg. These guys are trying to keep up with us big boys and in doing so they may soon pass us up.

Just try to stay open-minded and respect everyone's love for cars no matter how misdirected you think that love seems to be.

Included is a picture I took of the famous Integra at a local Honda meet:
IMAGE_251.jpg

One can say the same thing about any make/model of car. Some of you guys are acting as if it's impossible to come across a fast Honda. I'll agree that even in very populated areas seeing one is rare. But when you do see one it'll probably surprise you because I have some bad news for you guys, they're not riced out. In fact, most look just like that Honda the lady down the street drives. A lot of us GN owners enjoy that our cars can go unnoticed by most folks. Even some car enthusiasts will just say, "Nice Monte." The same goes for owners of fast Hondas. What's more fun than blending in with the crowd and only standing out when it counts most? Sleepers are a hit in every car circle and the Honda community is no different. They use OEM-looking rims, paint intercoolers black, recirculate BOVs, let the factory paint fade and so on. That 8 second Integra is just a tip of the iceberg. These guys are trying to keep up with us big boys and in doing so they may soon pass us up.

Just try to stay open-minded and respect everyone's love for cars no matter how misdirected you think that love seems to be.

Included is a picture I took of the famous Integra at a local Honda meet:
IMAGE_251.jpg

I thought you were talking low profile? I would never put those stickers on my car! LOL!

One can say the same thing about any make/model of car. Some of you guys are acting as if it's impossible to come across a fast Honda.

Not impossible, just improbable <---is that spelled right?

Anyway the Odds of pulling upto something like that in the pic has got to be in the thousands, The STI, Evo etc.... them people who have the cash to buy one, then sink dough into it and tune it are a force to be reckoned with, but most I see on the street are all show, the problem I find is they think they have the GO included in the show.

There will come a day when one pulls up next to me and I think
"yeah another dip$hit" and he flat out smokes the buick.. after all I dont have much dough into it

are 1 down and 5 up,weed eaters are not bad either

I own two Honda products. One is my 200K mile Civic work car that knocks down 38 MPG.;) My other Honda floats & uses 16 PSI of intercooled boost to propel it.:biggrin:

Otherwise, my opinion of the street wanna-be's running around with their 2' wings & 6" glasspacks is.....WTF, get a clue you idiot.:rolleyes:

Back