B&M Hole Shot 2400

ttypetex

What is opinion re: this converter. Set up will be stock '86 T-type except for TA49 and adj fuel pressure reg. Will run ~17 to 18# boost. Thanks.

can you even get a holeshot for a 2004r ??
does it have anti-baloon plates ? if not i wouldnt use it

a 2400- 2800 stall would do fine behind a ta49 even if you opt for the .82 exhaust housing , i know some who even run looser 32-3400 9.5" converter , great for track with traction but on the street its nothing but tire spin even with mickey drag radials

According to:

HoleShot 2400

the converter is available for 200-4R, and appears to be lock up useable, too. Don't know about anti-baloon plates, whatever they are.

The price is very reasonable, which appeals to me.

What is opinion re: this converter. Set up will be stock '86 T-type except for TA49 and adj fuel pressure reg. Will run ~17 to 18# boost. Thanks.

I had one about 10 years ago. Feels pretty much the same as a stock D5. No antiballoon plates. Doesn't have the heavy duty torrington bearings in it. I would pass on it. JMHO

I don't know if that's a 10" or 12" converter.

If it's a 12" you'll probably see 2200 stall out of it. Basically like a restalled D5. If it's a 10" it could be 2400-3400 but I wouldn't lock it at WOT. For the price I assume it's a 10" converter. Even a top quality 12" won't cost that much. If it has a very positive fin angle it will stall 2400. Otherwise I bet it stalls 2800 or so.

Stalls too low. D5 went out years ago, dealer replaced with regular Regal conv. I knew nothing about D5 then.

Stalls too low. D5 went out years ago, dealer replaced with regular Regal conv. I knew nothing about D5 then.

That's a bummer. I'd spend the money on a better converter. It will save you money in the long run plus it will put more power to the tires. I think PTC has a lock up converter for around 600 bucks or you might keep an eye out in the parts section for a good used converter.
Good Luck
SR