Bad news

Dusty Bradford

Well, we were hoping for a miracle. The car lost oil pressure on the 5.95 pass Sunday. We were hoping it was an oil galley plug possibly blowing out. Chris got the front cover off today and all looked well but no explanation for the loss of pressure. He pulled the motor out and when he pulled the cam out the problem was obvious. It split the 2 center mains all the way to the cam journal:( Block was filled.

He does have a spare block and if the machinist can get it in and out we still have a shot at making the race. We'll see...right now we're pretty bummed out.

wow that really sucks. sorry to hear this. please post some pictures if you can.

Sorry to hear this, hope you can pull this off. I hope your machinest is quicker than ours was, they had our engine for 1 1/2 years. :eek: but that is another story.

Good luck,
Jim

Sorry about the failure, thanks for being honest and giving the details.
I hope everything else is OK.

Hate to hear that. I have seen it before. You have only steel caps or girdle?
What does the block fill have to do with the crack?

1 BadTT Hard blok. This motor has been running for the last 2 years with lots of passes.

It had stock caps with a girdle. Block fill has nothing to do with this but I figured it would be a question someone would ask.

Chris is dropping the old block and the replacement off today so the machinist can duplicate the bore and machine work. Maybe he can pull it off.

1 BadTT Hard blok. This motor has been running for the last 2 years with lots of passes.

It had stock caps with a girdle. Block fill has nothing to do with this but I figured it would be a question someone would ask.

Chris is dropping the old block and the replacement off today so the machinist can duplicate the bore and machine work. Maybe he can pull it off.

Best of luck. Hope to see you guys at Reynolds. TSM is shaping up to be a pretty fast class if all show up. Had same thing with Simpsons this year at the Nats. Walked to #2 cam bearing forward lost oil psi.

Well, things are looking up. Brian at Weber Racing called Chris and will be overnighting us a block tomorrow. He has one ready to go, it only has to be bored another .010 over to match the block in the car.

BIG thanks to Brian and Weber Racing...awesome service.

We're coming after the record;)

I have a spare block .030 with a girdle.

OOPS I see your new post now.. We'll see you there.

Sorry to hear about the carnage, but it's good to hear he found a replacement and can make the race.:cool:

Well, things are looking up. Brian at Weber Racing called Chris and will be overnighting us a block tomorrow.

Nice to see Brian can get in a hurry when he has to. We're only about 6 months past delivery date of the engine we're waiting on from him.

Dusty...

Well, things are looking up. Brian at Weber Racing called Chris and will be overnighting us a block tomorrow. He has one ready to go, it only has to be bored another .010 over to match the block in the car.

BIG thanks to Brian and Weber Racing...awesome service.

We're coming after the record;)

I'm glad that u guys r set ! How streetable are these filled blocks ? Any issues with overheating ? Are all TSM cars running mid to low 9s filled ?

Nice to see Brian can get in a hurry when he has to. We're only about 6 months past delivery date of the engine we're waiting on from him.

I know they waited a while for this engine as well. The block wasn't the issue, it was the rest of the rotating assembly.

Never had any issues with the filled block overheating. It's not a daily driver in traffic though.