Bad news

I know they waited a while for this engine as well. The block wasn't the issue, it was the rest of the rotating assembly.

Never had any issues with the filled block overheating. It's not a daily driver in traffic though.

Yea, well.. Im not ready to discuss what our delays have been but it hasnt been the rotating assembly.

You use an 8.3 car for saturday nite crusin??

I was talking about the TSM car. But the answer to your question is yes also. I drove my V8 car several times last year to the local cruise ins. I'm limited to 15-20 minute drives with a lengthy cooldown because the Weldon 2035 gets the fuel very hot after a period of time. Last year at BG when the car went 8.32 at 168 I gave a couple joy rides and cruised the car in traffic from the track down to the mall for dinner.

wow. you must get to the mall awfully dam quick lol. how much gas does a mall run take?

It's no worse than an old carb'd motor.

Billy, the 2035 is the only Weldon pump that can't be used with the controller since it's motor runs at twice the speed of the others. Their tech said i could try it for very short turns since others have done it but I'd rather not chance it. I'll put a 2345 on it soon.

Update.

We will not be able to make it. Due to the work that has to be done before we can even load it in the trailer and our work schedules not letting either of us off today we will sit this out. After the work put in this year to get to this point and have it fall apart at the last minute really sucks. But we're glad we didn't make it to Reynolds and have it break on the 1st pass. Thanks to all those that offered help. Brain Weber, Jason White and the entire Hartline crew who were going to help us put it together once we got to the track.

Are you going to The House of Hook with your car now? I was hoping to get to talk to you about our set up as it is kind of off the wall for the Buick V6.

Jim

I need more testing time after last weekend. I think I have an ignition problem and can fix it but i don't want to make the 7 hour haul to find out it's not the ignition. The plans for now are to test Huntsville friday night. If all goes well we may leave for House of hook..I won't know until the last minute. I can pm my #'s to you and we can go over your set-up.

I need more testing time after last weekend. I think I have an ignition problem and can fix it but i don't want to make the 7 hour haul to find out it's not the ignition. The plans for now are to test Huntsville friday night. If all goes well we may leave for House of hook..I won't know until the last minute. I can pm my #'s to you and we can go over your set-up.

Dusty,

Dump the Digital Box, I have a feeling they are junk!
7AL 2-3 will live for years, run the slew control through the XFI.
Please give me a 145-147 if you get everything resolved.

Dusty,

Dump the Digital Box, I have a feeling they are junk!
7AL 2-3 will live for years, run the slew control through the XFI.
Please give me a 145-147 if you get everything resolved.

It's crossed my mind. You can beat the crap out of the old boxes;)