Bad upper control arms, can they make the car lean?

DonnieShort

Who's Next?
Reason I wonder is I still had the stock springs on the car ( 87 GN ) and the car leaned bad on the driver side back. Front was real good, but the back was very noticable. I put new progressive rate sptings on and it closed the gap from almost an 1½" difference to 5/8ths. I have UMI tubular lowers and Full Throttle's big bar but the uppers are bone stock. If the uppers' bushings were bad or the upper itself tweaked some would it make the car lean to one side? Car makes over 606hp to the rear wheels and since I did the motor I can't get it to 60' for nothing as to before it would 60' in the 1.54 - 1.56 range. I know that the body mounts can cause this too but they seem to be in good shape and this problem kinda just gradually kept getting worse. One thing to note is when the car launches ( if you are looking at it from the back ) the back of the car kinda slides over to the right. Check it out, it's the top left video ( Donnie Short's GN ) http://www.maftpro.com/videos.shtml

Thanks!!!

DonnieShort said:
Reason I wonder is I still had the stock springs on the car ( 87 GN ) and the car leaned bad on the driver side back. Front was real good, but the back was very noticable. I put new progressive rate sptings on and it closed the gap from almost an 1½" difference to 5/8ths. I have UMI tubular lowers and Full Throttle's big bar but the uppers are bone stock. If the uppers' bushings were bad or the upper itself tweaked some would it make the car lean to one side? Car makes over 606hp to the rear wheels and since I did the motor I can't get it to 60' for nothing as to before it would 60' in the 1.54 - 1.56 range. I know that the body mounts can cause this too but they seem to be in good shape and this problem kinda just gradually kept getting worse. One thing to note is when the car launches ( if you are looking at it from the back ) the back of the car kinda slides over to the right. Check it out, it's the top left video ( Donnie Short's GN ) http://www.maftpro.com/videos.shtml Thanks!!!
------------------------------
Considering that my car only makes half of the RWHP that yours does, I can only guess, but I would think that any of the above items that you mentioned could be the cause of your problems. Bad, worn, elongated bushings, tweaked upper control arm(s), adjustable uppers not set correctly in the 1st place, and running a beefy bar like the ATR with 600 rwhp could tweak anything. I would look at the upper bushings 1st, upper control arms 2nd, & so forth. I would be willing to trade you motors, and then you would not have that problem, of course you would not go very fast either. J/K, of course.
HTH

Thanks, I did forget to mention that the uppers and their bushings are bone stock with 117,xxx miles on them. I think I've found the next thing to do on the To Do list. Thanks!!

I know that they are pricey, but check out the BMR tubular adjustable uppers with the spherical bearings in the front, and new factory rubber bushings in the back. About $ 325, I think.