Ballast Location

Made two hits last night with the new MT drag radial pros. Rear shocks on full compression, rebound two clicks above midway. Still gets about 30 feet out and unloads. Best 60' was launching at 8 lbs = 1.48.

A good closeup is really needed so the motion of the car can be disected. Just going off verbal is really diificult of teh interpretation of what may be going on.

A 1.48 sucks for 60' and my first reaction is that you're not hitting it hard enough for the first few feet. But you also don't want full power to come in too soon otherwise the tires will spin after the initial hit. Exact boost control is critical if you have that much power. Don't be affraid to hit it hard off the line, thats what gets the suspension working to load the tires but don't add too much boost too quickly after the initial hit.

Also, full compression on the rear shocks may not be good b/c it doesn't allow the rear suspension to move after the initial hit and help keep the tires loaded.

ks

Looking at data log now. Left at 9 lbs, ramped to 18 in one second. Biggest problem is I was at 55 on Tps. That was just over a half throttle hit.

Have you tried backing off the compression from full tight? I have never ran a shock at full tight in the rear. You want the car to transfer the weight then you want to apply the power so the weight remains transferred.

Seems like anything below half on compression makes it loose. Where should front be set?

Seems like anything below half on compression makes it loose. Where should front be set?

Full travel on the front. Shock settings on the front should allow the front to rise slowly so it needs to be tight but it depends on the valving in the shock. The cheap comp engineering 90/10's need to be full tight and they still aren't tight enough. The Qa1 should be set near full tight as long as it doesn't spin at the hit. You want the front to rise slowly enough so you don't get a bounce when it hits full travel. I have data that shows the shock should take nearly 1 second to fully extend. If your getting any front end bounce, the front shock is too loose.