Battery Keeps Dying!!

Black1986Beast

No!! It's NOT A Monte!!!
OK, months ago when I started the car, it had to be jumped because the older battery was in there and the car wasn't started very often..now there's a BRAND NEW battery in the car and the battery died on me the other day.
I jump it yesterday let it idle for a good 10-15min..let it sit for an hour, When I decide to take a ride around town..go to start it, it's dead..Jumped it, took a ride around town for about 10 minutes come home, let car sit for an hour..now I start it just curious to see what happens..and it starts. This was at 9p.m. last night.
I go out there a few minutes ago (3:45p.m. EST) and guess what!!! IT'S DEAD!!!
Now before I even started it yesterday, my brother said there has to be a draw since it died the 1st time, because there's no reason that it should've died.
So does it seem like there's a draw?? If so how do I find it and where are some common places to look? Thanks alot..hope to get this fixed soon!!!

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/electrical/iod.html

a couple of common causes would be the delay relay being bad and deciding to turn the fan on and off at the wrong times or the light under the hood staying on.

It is not that unusual for a new battery to go bad and you should obviously check to see if the alternator is charging as well. 10-15 minutes may not be enough to charge a battery that has run down, either. good luck :)

I agree with the deadly delay relay scandal. Last relay on the driver fender. Unplug both pigtails, live long, and prosper.

The only way to fully charge the battery once it has been run completely down is to leave it on a trickle charger for the night. The alternator will not completely charge it unless you are going to go on a big trip somewhere

HEY FOLKS ITS ME!!! REMEMBER I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! Well after testing current through the battery with my ammeter, i found the problem. My trunk light was staying on when I shut the trunk, the switch was bad. Check that out bud. Get yourself an ammeter and test the current from the battery. (put the ammeter between the negative cable and the negative post on the battery---disconnected of course.;) Make sure you doors arent open and no other lights are on. (remove the hood bulb) If your getting barely any current in my case it was .008 mA then nothings draining., But if you said you got a new battery its possible for them to go out quick. Try this out!

Scott

Do Ya Have A Heated O2?

I had a heated 02 and the hot wire was put on wrong, Power at all time, That was my falt (DUMB ASS ME) So check all the above too,
Just trying to help,
Good Luck,

Re: Do Ya Have A Heated O2?

Originally posted by JUSTAV6
I had a heated 02 and the hot wire was put on wrong, Power at all time, That was my falt (DUMB ASS ME) So check all the above too,
Just trying to help,
Good Luck,

HEY!!! you have been around long enuf to know that we NEVER admit to such things! LOL

Re: Re: Do Ya Have A Heated O2?

Originally posted by Steve Wood

HEY!!! you have been around long enuf to know that we NEVER admit to such things! LOL

Hey!! Take it easy on me, I Know Thats Why I said I'm a dumb ass, That was wene I started working on these cars,;)
And still love messing with em, TR KICK A**

Is you volt idiot light on or very dim? You got a muiti meter? I you got one make shure it can check for current and the max of 10amps. If you got one post back and we can continue on. Or send me a PM.

Very simple to do, if you don't have one you can also use a low current test light. Just follow what Scott4DMny said.