You can type here any text you want

Before Black Turbo Buick emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

I was poking round on ebay the other day and stumbled on this. It's the fender emblem off a 1978 Turbo LeSabre. It's the first NOS one I have ever seen. I figured it would go for some serious money, but I placed a bid at the minimum anyway. Well, I one it. :)

78 Turbo LeSabre.jpg

I figure I'd post it here and then add some of the other emblems I've collected over the years. If you have any cool Turbo Buick emblems, post them up!

PS - It's fourteen inches long!
PPS - GM # 1259121

This is the emblem/sticker from the carb elbow on the 1978-1981 turbo V6s. (This is reproduction available on ebay.)

turbo3.8litre.jpg

Last edited:
These are the fender emblems on a 83 T Type. The "T" is straight, not slanted like other years. The V6 logo was used in '82 and '83. It has a quirk in that the arrow goes behind the 6. Most other logos have the arrow in front.

PD_0054.JPG

That's the same quirk that later reappeared on the '86-'87 centercaps.

You and Donne need to get together so some of these can be reproduced.;)
Thats all well and good Charlie, but I have no intention of paying GM a dime to reproduce emblems. My other emblems will be all on the custom or more modern in appearance...as if the cars were being made today. I will do some that are close, but not exact. It's cool to see these. I never knew so many existed.

I have a set of three of those turbo six emblems NOS in the Gm parts bags, I bought them because I liked them.... havnt put them on a car yet.... they dont seem like they are available much and I paid too much for them :eek:

I have a set of three of those turbo six emblems NOS in the Gm parts bags, I bought them because I liked them.... havnt put them on a car yet.... they dont seem like they are available much and I paid too much for them :eek:

wanna loose 2?

A.j.

Sorry I paid too much for them and they will eventually make it on a car...... at some point.... :(

Sport Coupe emblem from a Regal. I believe the same emblem was used from 1978-82 and the fender & decklid emblems were the same.

sportcoupe.jpg

Some more.
I snuck in a couple of Coach's custom emblems. Can you tell?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have a bag of these NOS.
Oddly enough, my '87 T did not come with one from the factory.

image.jpg

Last edited:
First pic is 1986 LeSabre Grand National emblem and Riviera Turbo emblem. Second pic is custom made emblems. Third is LeSabre Turbo fender emblem (non functional).
DSC05771.JPG
DSC05772.JPG
DSC05773.JPG

Back