You can type here any text you want

Before I burn up plug wires... S2 ATR question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
What are you guys with Stage II cylinder heads and ATR headers doing for plugs and wires in order to protect the wires and / or make plug changes as painless as possible?

I have aluminum Stage II buick heads on an on center motor with ATR Stainless headers, and the motor is out to be freshened, but the plug wires I had on it I am sure I'd be burning up on the headers. Helpful tips appreciated.

I meant to reply earlier, but had to travel out of town.

I'm running Accel 300 or 3000, whatever they're called. They've got a high temp boot.

I run the #2 and 4 over the valve cover and down behind the turbo and come at those plugs from the front. # 1, 3, 5 all go down and under from the rear on the DS. Haven't had a problem with burning them - yet.

DS plugs are easy. PS are, as you probably know, a PITA. But going through the wheel well with a loooong extension helps a lot.

Just my $.02

I meant to reply earlier, but had to travel out of town.

I'm running Accel 300 or 3000, whatever they're called. They've got a high temp boot.

I run the #2 and 4 over the valve cover and down behind the turbo and come at those plugs from the front. # 1, 3, 5 all go down and under from the rear on the DS. Haven't had a problem with burning them - yet.

DS plugs are easy. PS are, as you probably know, a PITA. But going through the wheel well with a loooong extension helps a lot.

Just my $.02

I used Tylor 409 pro's with the 90 degree boots. All of the P-side wires are run under/below the header. I can't remember what I did with the D-side. Never had one burn yet.
Allan G.

I used Tylor 409 pro's with the 90 degree boots. All of the P-side wires are run under/below the header. I can't remember what I did with the D-side. Never had one burn yet.
Allan G.

From the looks of it, I think I plan on running 90 degree boots as well, with the wires under the header like you mention. Thank you for the input guys! :biggrin: I am sure I'll have more questions...

MSD makes a nice high temp wire cover and also has special high temp boots. I found a woven high temp bootie that covers most of the SP boot. it was designed for straight plug boots but works ok on 90's

My problems were mostly on the pass side.....very tight. I also wrapped the DP in the areas near the #4 and #6 wire. That seemed to help alot.

Dave

The best stage 2 head advice i got was to lenghten the pipes on the passenger side . I think it was a good idea i use 90 boots and have never had to use boot protecters or anything .

Back