You can type here any text you want

Best chip for 36lbers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
Who makes it? I know some names but none too familiar with the 36ers. Also, would a translator be a better easier to control application with the 36ers? It the dreaded tip in stumble associated with these? Or are those just the 009's??Thanks planning for next year.
Steve Chambers

Pretty much anyone who has ever run blue tops (36#'s) loves them. They are very easy to make a chip for and they work great driving on the street.

I really like the chips that Jay Carter makes and I have a JC chip in each of my cars.

I have the blue tops and Reds, Thrasher, and Jay Carter chips. My car likes the Thrasher the best, but I get terrible gas mileage and generally rich running (BLM's always down around 105-106). I just had an odd error yesterday while driving: after a couple of bad stumbles the car died. Pulled a "EPROM failure" code so I changed my Thrasher for the Reds that I carry in the glove box. Fixed my problem, but after a day of driving I can confirm something that I've noticed before. The Reds chips is either making my car shift too soon or making the lockup occur sooner. The car lugs up hills and on certain straights. Now I know that the trans is not under direct computer control, so it must be the lockup. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

BTW, the EPROM failure is in all likelihood NOT the Thrasher going bad. It was prolly the cabling on top, which I disconnected and re-connected. Or in changing the chip out I shook the ECU aroung enough to knock out the gremlins....for now. So the Thrasher will be going back in soon.

Back