You can type here any text you want

Best CS144 Rebuild Kit or Parts ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Anyone have a good source ie: proven parts that work well for rebuilding our CS144 Alternators.

NOT looking for upgrade kits etc.

A link or name brand would be appreciated.

Really only need the regulator and diode assy.'s but a complete kit is fine.

TIA.

Alternatorparts.com has parts if your looking to beef it up. I've used OEM parts from RA.com
Make sure you get a few brushes to hold on to in case you need to open the case back up. They break very easily. A quick multimeter test will show if you need to buy a new rectifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I like the simple 140amp I got from Autozone for pretty cheap considering if I ever have any issues at all I go and swap it out for free with it's lifetime warranty

Mine came from a parts store as well.

About 4 years old too. :poop:

Can't find the paperwork. :oops::rolleyes:

Made in USA bearing froze up solid and killed the car at a stop light. :mad:

Luckily I was on a slight incline downward and pushed it into a business driveway that had an open acre of parking. :p

Had it off the car before my ride got there. :p

I fixed that one with bearings I had in stock, but found my spare unit doesn't charge, I'm going to fix that one at my leisure.

Thanks for the links I will check them out, have brushes and holders already, just going to order the parts I don't have or maybe a full kit if it makes sense ie: cheaper... :)

Back