You can type here any text you want

Best E.T. for me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
12.77@106.58 with a 2.0 sixty. I'm starting to have a traction issue. This was the first pass of the day. Razors alky on stock settings, and Eric's chip on stock settings, 24 pounds of boost. I have to learn how to launch and get a good 60.

Wow

That's strong for your combo and traction issues! Keep up the good work.

Hate to break it to you but if you want to launch HARD you need some 15" wheels with some tall tires to get as much sidewall crinkle as possible on the launch. You will never "shock" the suspension with the tires you are running now. Just my opinion.

12.77@106.58 with a 2.0 sixty. I'm starting to have a traction issue. This was the first pass of the day. Razors alky on stock settings, and Eric's chip on stock settings, 24 pounds of boost. I have to learn how to launch and get a good 60.

nice dom what were the readings. crank up that timing those small turbos love timing

Great Start! Like Brian said ,with some more timing and a better 60 foot, you'll be in the low 12's in no time. :D

Hate to break it to you but if you want to launch HARD you need some 15" wheels with some tall tires to get as much sidewall crinkle as possible on the launch. You will never "shock" the suspension with the tires you are running now. Just my opinion.

I totally agree with you, sticky 15s are in the works.

nice dom what were the readings. crank up that timing those small turbos love timing

Pass 1: 12.77@106 .820 O knock @ 24psi 2.0 60'
2: 12.82@106 .812 O knock @25psi 2.12 60'
3: 13.0@106 .81? 2degrees of knock 2.3 60' left at 10psi same boost
4: 12.80@106 .809 0 knock same boost

Never touched the timing or alky settings.

Took out 2psi of fuel after run 3.

Installed new lock up solenoid tonight, it was unplugged all 4 of those passes.
How many 10ths is a locked converter worth?

Here are some pics of run 4. Thanks again Stacie.

GN staged.jpg
GN launch.jpg

You should pick up at least .2 tenths and 2 mph locking the convertor.

Car looks great!!

;)

I totally agree with you, sticky 15s are in the works.

Pass 1: 12.77@106 .820 O knock @ 24psi 2.0 60'
2: 12.82@106 .812 O knock @25psi 2.12 60'
3: 13.0@106 .81? 2degrees of knock 2.3 60' left at 10psi same boost
4: 12.80@106 .809 0 knock same boost

Never touched the timing or alky settings.

Took out 2psi of fuel after run 3.

Installed new lock up solenoid tonight, it was unplugged all 4 of those passes.
How many 10ths is a locked converter worth?

Hi

try lower boost like 22 psi
you have a place to lean it .760 in 3 th speed
in my case locking up the torque conv. gave me .3

IMO

Claude

run higher timing and leave boost alone. 27/24. i ran 23/21 and ran 770's for o2's and ran a 12.15 then went to 27/24 and it went richer 830's through 1st and 2nd then 797 in third. again those small turbos love high timing. just start cranking timng in first and second and leave third at 21. then see how your runs are then turn up in third. after that you can curve your fuel tables in the gears. especially first to get out of the gate faster

Thank you all for the compliments and input. I just got some airbags, and I am planning of installing my boxed upper and lower control arms. I will be borrowing some stickies for the next time at the track.

New best today: Quaker City 12.63@104.? with a 1.8 sixty. Only changes were boxed upper and lowers and airbags. Still need some taller stickies, its still spinning out of the hole.

From what I understand Quaker is 2 tenths slower than PRP (where I usually run)

New best today: Quaker City 12.63@104.? with a 1.8 sixty. Only changes were boxed upper and lowers and airbags. Still need some taller stickies, its still spinning out of the hole.

From what I understand Quaker is 2 tenths slower than PRP (where I usually run)

hey how did you change your name? my pump or convertor took a dump on the last pass.

Brian: There is a sticky in the Turbo Lounge. All you have to do is beg SGRIM to change it for you. Sorry to hear about your tranny, what the symptoms?

I thought I broke something that last pass myself. Never got that much knock retard before, ended up being low on alky. I'll never do that again!!

Brian: There is a sticky in the Turbo Lounge. All you have to do is beg SGRIM to change it for you. Sorry to hear about your tranny, what the symptoms?

I thought I broke something that last pass myself. Never got that much knock retard before, ended up being low on alky. I'll never do that again!!

top off every 3 passes. just whinning in gear bad. thanks dom

Back