Best front mount intercooler for the dollar

The reason why That person who spends more money has the faster car is normally because his parts and equipment are better quality. Same reason why Chinese knock off intercoolers Wont Flow the same, Wont hold up to as much pressure, and Just plain arent Made as well. Thats why the CHEAPER price comes into play. If you look at the details in the RJC kit, You can see the meticulous time that goes into each one. So dont buy a few Esthetic goodies. Save that money, and Buy the best intercooler arround. The Megacooler.

ebay unit with 4" core--polished intercooler and pipes under$400.00 and car is a 11 second ride...This intercooler is similar to precision front mount in size..

Price for intercooler was $135.00..This unit I put on my friends car..I have a cas v2 on my car.

Last run at B.o.P. event in gainesville,fl was 12.60 @ 118.98 mph with this intercooler te62 and 26 psi boost..I ended up smoking the tires through the 60ft mark and had to let off gas to regain traction which hurt overall e.t and mph..next run should be low 11 sec. around 125 mph..

common sense should tell you that a FMIC would get much cooler air flow. that alone has got to help. plus the benefit of not having to remove the IC everytime you go to wrench on the motor. :confused: plus the cost of a SLIC is usually higher than it's FM counter part. but, I have no numbers to back up my reasoning.

Hey guys just a update on my ebay FMIC, it has been doing great so far. The guy from the company even paid me some money to send him pics and tell him what didnt fit quite right. He has them taken off ebay right now while they make the few minor adjustments. So be on the lookout when he posts them back up, they should be perfect.

I'm considering two different units right now and both are pretty big for the price. One is from an isuzu npr box trunk.

Isuzu Truck Parts NPR GMC Turbo Intercooler 99 - 04 : eBay Motors (item 170464479590 end time Apr-24-10 14:19:27 PDT)

The other is a cx unit but instead of being 25"w x 16"h x 4"d its 29"w x 12"h x 5"d so since its 29" wide it should fill the entire grill area end to end which i think would look nicer.

CXRacing 5 Core 1-side FMIC Turbo Intercooler 29x12x5 : eBay Motors (item 250516607053 end time Apr-17-10 02:59:03 PDT)

I have an intercooler here that was in one of my other cars for sale.. The motor went 9.92 @ 138+ in another car .. $100. shipped :p

Attachments

• Intercooler RX7.JPG
    Intercooler RX7.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 884
  • Intercooler RX7b.JPG
    Intercooler RX7b.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 782
The other is a cx unit but instead of being 25"w x 16"h x 4"d its 29"w x 12"h x 5"d so since its 29" wide it should fill the entire grill area end to end which i think would look nicer.

CXRacing 5 Core 1-side FMIC Turbo Intercooler 29x12x5 : eBay Motors (item 250516607053 end time Apr-17-10 02:59:03 PDT)

i rik dis one! get it, I am thinking about it myself! 5" core wow

funny if the 9th poster above only knew what was really chinese lol! moving on, so you thinking about getting this one pits or have you already made a decision? Whats up

Ya i'm pretty sure i'm gonna give that one a try. I like the idea of the massive NPR intercooler but i think it'll be easier to set up the pipes for the bottom inlet/outlet instead of the side inlet/outet.

Is there any updates or pics from this old thread?? Trying to figure out what I'm going to go with and how I will route the piping. I am thinking about the cxracing 25x16x4 but there was never any pics posted, wondering if anyone has pics of just the pipes prior to installation. Thanks