Best fuel pump to run 120 lb unjectors

49-blues

Like the title says-im on the wall on what pump to get to run 120 lb injectors for a 100% E-85 ethanol car, the weldon 1100 says its not compatable with ethanol fuels. the pump could either be a in tank or in line pump which im leaning to.

Other Weldons will get the job done, but personally I'd keep an eye open in the DW300 thread and consider a DW double pumper. It will be quiet and flow plenty of fuel for you to go 160's if you needed too. And having a 3 year warranty is nice considering it's an E85 car.

I thought of that also, I have a brand new double pumper and I have a new Robb mcperformance with the larger lines which I'm hoping to utilize-maybe I could put both pumps together? What other weldons will work with E-85?

I use a magnafuel external and have had 0 issues. Its quieter that some of the others too.

I'm running two of red's XP pumps. Both on all the time with -8 feed and -6 return and running 120's with no problems at all.

I'm in the process of installing a Weldon 2035A w/ controller....it (and alot of the models under it) will gladly pump E85.....the Weldon's cost more upfront but they are the best, One and Done theory :D

The weldons I checked out like the 1100 says they aren't alcohol or ethanol compatable. I guess I ll have to look at more of the weldon or magna pumps.

Have you looked at Fuelab pumps? They are compatible with gasoline, diesel, methanol, and ethanol.

The weldons I checked out like the 1100 says they aren't alcohol or ethanol compatable. I guess I ll have to look at more of the weldon or magna pumps.

Yeah they say only up to 40% for the 1100. I wonder why? Maybe it could be upgraded to work with E85?

their are plenty of Weldon's that can use e85..I too am not sure about the 1100 not being OK for it. As for the Fuelab pumps, do some googling for some feedback before you make your decesion....their was some issues out there on those pumps I found while researching....one being an overheat condition when on the street....Honestly i spent hours and hours researching all the different pumps and weighing out the pro's and con's b/c I really didn't want to buck up for the weldon however it seems they are one of the only pumps with virtually no negative feedback from all the different car forums on the web....except they ain't real quiet :biggrin:

If you have any tech type questions about Fuelab- feel free to send them my way. I am here for tech support. You are welcome to send me a PM or email me directly at josh.davis@fuelab.com

Concerning the heat issue mentioned above- I don't think that would be an issue unless the pump and/or lines were installed incorrectly. It's possible that the user had the pump on the high speed setting for continuous duty. The pumps have a built in speed control to keep the overheating issue at bay. When we go to trade shows or other events where we set up a display, we have a pump that runs the entire time, circulating the same 5-10 gallons, and we've never had any heat issues.

Curious about those of you with the big external pumps, how many miles do you have on them currently and how many miles do you drive a year?

This will be in my car this spring. But in Black

http://www.sx-performance.com/18207.pdf

18207%20(new).jpg

Aeromotive Eliminator should do the job also. Just be sure you have an electronic pump controller to slow the pump down when it is not needed and be sure the supply/return lines are up to the task. I have been running Aeromnotive pumps for several years now and have had good luck when starting with a new pump or known good pump. Just don't starve them for fuel. Running dry is deadly so you WILL need to position the pump below the fuel supply. There are some pumps that can survive that...I think Fuel Lab is one of them...so watch your fuel system design carefully and pick the appropriate pump. FWIW, the Aeromotive pumps are designed to be immersed in fuel so they CAN be installed INSIDE the tank! Some tank manufacturers can design the tank accordingly.
Conrad

Get a Weldon...be done for good :biggrin: Some have great luck with other pumps, some bad....No one seems to have bad luck w/ the Weldon.

Aeromotive Eliminator should do the job also. Just be sure you have an electronic pump controller to slow the pump down when it is not needed and be sure the supply/return lines are up to the task. I have been running Aeromnotive pumps for several years now and have had good luck when starting with a new pump or known good pump. Just don't starve them for fuel. Running dry is deadly so you WILL need to position the pump below the fuel supply. There are some pumps that can survive that...I think Fuel Lab is one of them...so watch your fuel system design carefully and pick the appropriate pump. FWIW, the Aeromotive pumps are designed to be immersed in fuel so they CAN be installed INSIDE the tank! Some tank manufacturers can design the tank accordingly.
Conrad

Those are certainly some good tips. One thing to keep in mind, if the OP (or anyone else for that matter) goes with a FUELAB pump, there's no need to buy a pump controller. FUELAB pumps have an elctronic speed control built into them.