You can type here any text you want

Best fuel pump without mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
My fuel pump is starting to get louder and it's time for a replacement. It currently has a walbro 255 that has been there since the previous owner installed it over 6 years ago. It has never given any issues with my current mods in my sig. I was looking to go with a DW pump but would like to plug and play without any mods to the return line or anything else. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with buying a 255lph walbro or even the deutschworks probably won't need return line mods

DW has a 3 yr warranty, and the return line issue was some individuals who had necked down/damaged lines.

My fuel pump is starting to get louder and it's time for a replacement. It currently has a walbro 255 that has been there since the previous owner installed it over 6 years ago. It has never given any issues with my current mods in my sig. I was looking to go with a DW pump but would like to plug and play without any mods to the return line or anything else. What do you guys recommend?

Deatschwerks dw300 all the way ITS TURN KEY !!!!... great pumps... cant say enough about them .. work excellent.. especially on E85.. not a fan of the walbros

how did the DW work for you? any modifications needed?

Are you looking for a 255lph or stepping up to a 340lph? DeatschWerks has a 255lph (model #DW200) http://www.buickgn.com/fuelpumpsinjectorspage.htm. Zero chance of having return line problems like a few did with the 340lph DW300.

Only thing is when we replaced my Walbro with the DW200 we had to switch around the pins in the connector so that the polarity was correct and cut the seat of the hangar a little so that the sock could go on. Not exactly plug and play but not difficult either.

Are you looking for a 255lph or stepping up to a 340lph? DeatschWerks has a 255lph (model #DW200) http://www.buickgn.com/fuelpumpsinjectorspage.htm. Zero chance of having return line problems like a few did with the 340lph DW300.

Only thing is when we replaced my Walbro with the DW200 we had to switch around the pins in the connector so that the polarity was correct and cut the seat of the hangar a little so that the sock could go on. Not exactly plug and play but not difficult either.
Sorry, just realized I was responding to an old post. Lol!

No Prob,
You answered some of my questions. What kind of boost are you running and what's your duty cycle?
I'm at 25psi no knock. Could probably go higher with more octane but never tried. Don't have a Powerlogger so have no idea on IDC.

I ended up going the the Racetronix 340 with sender and pickup. It was plag and play and zero fuel pressure issues.

These are also the exact issues I'm trying to avoid. I have my original stock hanger, and would like a pump that can easilly replace the original pump that's in it now. (It's out of the car because I'm presently running a double pumper setup that I no longer need that kind of capacity).

These are also the exact issues I'm trying to avoid. I have my original stock hanger, and would like a pump that can easilly replace the original pump that's in it now. (It's out of the car because I'm presently running a double pumper setup that I no longer need that kind of capacity).

That was on the old DW pumps .. the newer ones do not have the polarity issue ...

Great pumps ... with great customer service

I don't want to cut the hanger seat either. Are the DW pumps as plug and play as the stock pump or aren't they?

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

I don't want to cut the hanger seat either. Are the DW pumps as plug and play as the stock pump or aren't they?

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

IMO .. they are nearly as plug and play it might take you an extra 5 minutes to adjust the pump on to the hanger.. there is no cutting or fabricating parts if that's what your asking.. and I would consider it a bolt in deal .

to me its a no brainer .. they make a good pump

The sock would not go on for me without trimming the hangar seat for more clearance.

Back