You can type here any text you want

Best Way to Sell GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Well, its been a hell of a run, the turbo pull is truely addictive, I have owned my 86 GN since 1996, bought from father who bought in 1988, I only put 22k miles on it. I am trying to find the best way to sell it, I'd like to just trade it in but am afraid they will not understand what they are looking at. We have several classic car dealerships (Flemmings, Browns and Universal) in the area and I am toying with driving over to each one and see what they offer. From personal experiance with selling these cars, what have you learned? Will be purchasing a Shelby GT500.
Mike

They will offer you dirt for it. However if you do your homework, figure out what all rebates and dealer hold backs are on the Mustang. Subtract these from the invoice and decide what you want for your GN. The difference will be what you pay for the Mustang. If you get that difference then you got a good deal. Since it is a specialty car I bet there aren't many incentives this early in the year.

Maybe go to one of the specialty dealerships and say you would like to sell on consignment first? See what kind of a number they throw at you. If it sounds good as a trade ask them if they'd do it.

Have you driven a shelby before? They are nice and modern but id take the smooth awesomeness of a built turbo regal...Even over the whine of a supercharger and brutish unstableness of a 6speed Mustang....But either way dont trade it in they will offer you peanuts...Id post it here and try the consignment thing at the local classic places...

Well, its been a hell of a run, the turbo pull is truely addictive, I have owned my 86 GN since 1996, bought from father who bought in 1988, I only put 22k miles on it. I am trying to find the best way to sell it, I'd like to just trade it in but am afraid they will not understand what they are looking at. We have several classic car dealerships (Flemmings, Browns and Universal) in the area and I am toying with driving over to each one and see what they offer. From personal experiance with selling these cars, what have you learned? Will be purchasing a Shelby GT500.
Mike

Why not list it here? Post some pics. Im sure you will find a quick buyer if priced right and get more than you would trading it.

Its funny cause they will offer you dirt and then turn around and sell it for top dollar talking about how rare it is...here's something to keep in your mind, NADA price of an 87 GN is 38K and Haggerty value is 42K. I'm not saying you should go demand that but dont let them tell you what its worth.

Back