Beware of COTTON PERFORMER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF EVERYONE but the OP and Jack, or someone directly related to this, posts I WILL CLOSE IT...

There are always at least 2 sides to a story...

Being in Jacks shoes, as a shop owner, I know people will blame things on you that are not true and hear what they want to hear... Not saying this is the case here... If you read what Jack has posted some bells should go off IMO...

I can also say I am sure Otto had nothing to do with this being posted...

Hey Grim. I just want to say thanks for letting me tell my story. I just wanted to share this with the others so they can be extra careful to prevent this from happening to them.

If you pay attention to his first post he states that he was told his engine was being built by RPE and it was not built by RPE.

That is what is in question and that is why he is upset.

We all know engines break.

Thank you, Evil. That was my whole point.

Once again Joey, sorry for your misfortune, you could have called and let me know. I stand behind our work, always have...

lol That's Funny ****!

I just have to say what happened to me with Jack. I don't really care what you guys think ,I'm just going to tell my story.
First off ,I bought lots of parts of Jack before I got the shaft from him.Pistons turbo's,champion heads,etc Now this is where he was good. Gave me a deals like everyone else on this board.

But when I had problem with my car I called him and it was Thanks Giving weekend up here in Canada and he said bring it down and I'll fix it. So My girlfriend(wife now) load the car up in the enclosed and drive the 8 hours. Met Jack there and bought the car out and that was it. Stayed over at his house and he said he would work on it the next day . Wrong,He said he would in the original conversation and it should be a quick fix and I could bring it home with me. . I ended leaving the car and the trailer there for three months or close to it.He would call and say "we need to put a xfi in it. Ok ,I said,I had a gen 6 and was thinking it might of been the tune. Nope Same crap. Then there was a another call saying my intake was warped and he would give give me a deal on a champion set. OK I said again. Nope ,still not running right. Pig rich and now it would hardly start and if it did ,it would foul plugs.

Initially I wanted Jack to fix the problem and install the Innovated boost controller .
After Jack installed new intake,XFI,boost controller,tried another set of injectors,then told me it might be the engine harness and might need a new one. This is on a 66,000 klm car not miles and it was mint down to the 7 grand paint I wanted on it because I hated the factory paint.
I get a call like a month and a half later saying the car is done. So my friend Lou and drive down to pick it up but when I get the(ya 8 hour drive) Jack said he never called me.What the ****?:mad:
I stayed there twelve hours and he didn't even look at my car . There was pizza boxes building up on my trunk and just covered in other stuff.Even after he assured me in the beginning he would use my car cover I had put in the trunk. He even said he would cover it with his own car cover...What ever.Thanks for all the scratched buddy!!
I drive home a 10 pm that night to make it to Canada in the morning.
Another month goes by and Jack calls me on the 2 way and said he was driving my car and it runs great. I asked when can I pick it up he said tomorrow(being Saturday) I agreed and told him that I was going to a fundraiser for my friends dieing son and I would leave from there around 2 am. He told me fine just if I had any problems to 2 way him and he would be waiting for me in the morning.
I leave at 3am with my now wife and we make the 8 hour drive.
We get to the garage,Jacks not there. I 2way him . Phone was off. I call his number...nothing. I 2way him later and still nothing. I'm so pissed now I start calling people and find out he went to the track. No trailer no pumpkin,no Jack.
I ended up calling someone who knew where Brian lived(Jacks son) and drove to get him to get my car out.He came back with me and open the doors. I go and look at my car and seen a bigger pile of pizza boxes and other stuff all over it.I could not believe my eyes. I was so ****en mad I could stand it. I just want my car out of there . I go to start my car nothing... would not start. I check everything and all was plugged it and still would not start. Finally after 15 to 20 minutes it starts but ran like ****. Popping and missing. I barley get it up the rams inside the trailer. :mad:

Now,I paid for all my stuff months ago. When Jack said I needed something I just gave him by visa and that covered the parts/labour..(what ever he said the total was).
When I was there to pick up my car I looked at Brian and said I owe your dad 800 bucks and threw it to him in cash and said to get you dad to call me asap because I want a copy of the bill and what I spent $$$10 grand on.

He calls me on the drive home and said he was sorry but he forgot and was tunning a customers car at the track.And he feels bad and he said he wanted to drive to Canad to fix my car and bla bla blla .Ya ok so why did I see pictures of his car drag racing on the net the next day?I let the car sit in the my garage until I got a call from one of your competitor to bring my car down to BG and he would take a look at it for me. Ya ,someone who I never spend a dime with,who took time away from his day of racing and tuning to f fixed my problem...You gave me a corrupted file for my XFI Thanks for burning me Jack! I know you were worried if I ever let this story out.. But I don't care anymore.
You never called me again or returned my calls. You turned the other way at the following BG event....
I wanted to let other people know about this but I knew I would get the posts about guys who buy one part off him and say he is the best bull ****. But I went through it,I kept my mouth shut for 4 years and now see the same bull**** happening to Joeynj

I know there are others that got burned by Jack and are worried about being out casted from the board. I don't really care..I have met many guys from the board and drank and talked Buicks at BG.I have always been a straight shooter and my handshake is my bond. And if this is the case for telling the truth..I don't want to be here anymore. Jack has left his mark.

Hey Grim. I just want to say thanks for letting me tell my story. I just wanted to share this with the others so they can be extra careful to prevent this from happening to them.

The issue is that you lied to me. RPE did not work on my motors. That is the whole point.

I really am sorry Joey, but you are absolutely wrong. You can keep beating this drum in between reallity and the truth. But the truth is, I never told you I built you an RPE motor. I did not lie to you!!!!!! I keep going back to the day you brought me your car and I was as clear as day about time tables and what do you want to do.... you opted for the quicker job.. period. If you misunderstood me, that does not make me a liar. At no time during the build up did I ever mention RPE, zero, not once!!!!!! I am not calling you a liar, I am simply saying you are mistaken. I believe whole heartedly both you and your cousin Lenny knew exactly where your motor was. The machine work done was excellent, the reputation and quality of RAD's work has been flawless. No where on your invoice does it say RPE.... no where!!! I look at mine and in the vender column it says R.A.D. Machine, (RM). You had an excellent motor for 5-6 months, dynoed it, raced it, and hurt it, thats it. I tuned that car, putting many miles on it and many hard hits with no problems!!!! You did not get short changed, it cost you about $1,000 less for an excellent motor, you were not overcharged!!! You keep saying it's about being lied to, yet you keep bringing up 16,000, 17,000 dollar numbers, not to mention other comments... so what is it, make your mind up. Otto even said the motor was Good....
At no point was there a problem showing itself with the engine.

You have not answer my above question, what gives?..... "Otto explained the issue perfectly clear already" What was the issue...

I don't see any problem with people adding their two cents as long as it is informative and not just for the sake of belittling some with out knowing any facts.

This is just starting to get interesting and should not be removed!

There are definitely some truths in the many lies and I for one, being a Buick Turbo T owner who gets work done on my car from time to time, want to know those truths!

Don't you?

D

the issue is that you lied to me. Rpe did not work on my motors. That is the whole point.

I really am sorry joey, but you are absolutely wrong. You can keep beating this drum in between reallity and the truth. But the truth is, i never told you i built you an rpe motor. I did not lie to you!!!!!! I keep going back to the day you brought me your car and i was as clear as day about time tables and what do you want to do.... You opted for the quicker job.. Period. If you misunderstood me, that does not make me a liar. At no time during the build up did i ever mention rpe, zero, not once!!!!!! I am not calling you a liar, i am simply saying you are mistaken. I believe whole heartedly both you and your cousin lenny knew exactly where your motor was. The machine work done was excellent, the reputation and quality of rad's work has been flawless. No where on your invoice does it say rpe.... No where!!! I look at mine and in the vender column it says r.a.d. Machine, (rm). You had an excellent motor for 5-6 months, dynoed it, raced it, and hurt it, thats it. I tuned that car, putting many miles on it and many hard hits with no problems!!!! You did not get short changed, it cost you about $1,000 less for an excellent motor, you were not overcharged!!! You keep saying it's about being lied to, yet you keep bringing up 16,000, 17,000 dollar numbers, not to mention other comments... So what is it, make your mind up. Otto even said the motor was good....
at no point was there a problem showing itself with the engine.

you have not answer my above question, what gives?..... "otto explained the issue perfectly clear already" what was the issue...

it was never about the motor. Its about you lied to me and my cousin. It was not rpe's!

Otto even said the motor was Good....
At no point was there a problem showing itself with the engine.

You have not answer my above question, what gives?..... "Otto explained the issue perfectly clear already" What was the issue...

To Clarify so it is not taken out of context,
When i made the one and only pass the car had made since being picked up I did not hear any noise in the motor,nor did i see an oil pressure problem at THAT time, it was also not a full pass as the car did not feel
as strong as the parts in it would make it feel,the dyno also told me the same story as his combo only put down mid 500s to the tires at 23-24#s of boost.
A good portion of the missing power is related to the torque convertor that Joey had in his car.

it was never about the motor. Its about you lied to me and my cousin. It was not rpe's!

Ok, well, Not much else I can say here. Going back and forth, nothing is changing. It has become absolutely obvious what the agenda is here. Enough info has surfaced to convince me where this began and why. This has been going on before you came into the picture Joey and you became the poster child. Like you, I'm not stupid either. You were coached well and it's obvious, I have asked you several times after you made statements about your engine and you back away reverting back to the lie BS. In the end I ask you to prove your statements... can you? Because if you can't, then we may have some bigger problems on the horizon. You just said I lied to your cousin too... funny, I spoke with him recently and all he wanted to say was he "knows nothing" "it was between me and you." But then you and he both know that wasn't true as you just verified he was in on our conversations, like I've said from the beginning, but then he couldn't possibly get involved. Now, I am sure he will have to come out of the closet and support you.. in spite of the fact he was in on the decision to bring the motor to RAD for a quick diagnosis..

Jack told me it was done by RPE it was not and then made up some stories to make me look like the liar

this statement above says it all for me... since I absolutely know that statement was never made by me....... so whatever you think you look like.... you brought it on and said it.. not me. I have actually tried to give you benefit of the doubt, not now...

There is lots of back pedaling here on so called factual statements when the statements prove to not be beneficial to the agenda. I don't think anyone reading this at this point needs to be an engine builder, a tuner, or for that matter car owner to see what's going on. There is no reason for me to respond here any longer based on what has been posted. You and Lenny were wheeler dealers when I met you, looking for your best deal, (nothing wrong with that) but when it came time to pay or pick up your car you chiseled me.... that was wrong and now, I see you using your skills to get your best deal again.... You've said it yourself here, you paid $16,000 for a $17,271 bill. Hmmmmm what happened to the other $1,000. For those reading this, in case you were wondering what he paid for .... how bout, a complete FAST XFI, an electronic boost controller, according to Otto, a ****ty HP sucking Art Carr convertor, a 66-S-BB turbo upgrade- nc, a custom dual remote cannister breather kit, roller cam kit, diamond pistons, K1 rods, billet center main caps, external 3" down pipe, RG45 ext. wastegate, Champion valve covers, TD roller rockers, HR poly motor mount kit, Cometic head gaskets, push rods, 1" intake spacer, 4" polished cold air kit, Champion billet fuel rail kit, Griffin custom aluminum radiator, Red Top battery, 72lb sieman injector and more... do the math, there is over $10,500 in parts, 2500 in sublet and 3600 in labor, which amounted to about 3 weeks of labor, many times 2 guys working on it and 600 in tax, since I am a legitimate business.

I would also like to add, this car was running for over 4 months before Joey picked it up. At which time we spent road testing on and off, fixing, adjusting and working through this combo to give Joey exactly what he wanted in street performance, as we were told he planned to do street driving and racing. He wanted a car with big power he could drive on the street, did I build it for max HP and put the car on the edge... nope, not what he asked for. He wanted a quick spooler he could have fun with. After much street work, when I felt the car was what Joey wanted, I gave it back to him.. The 5-6 months Joey had it, no complaints, after dyno tuning, at least one trip to the track.. that we know of.... not sure how many passes, since that number has changed 2 or 3 times, more tuning and a new tranny, the main bearings are hurt.... it's been implyed here by a few the line bore was the problem. Pretty ridiculous assumption, based on the "agenda". 8 month old motor, properly tuned and run, suddenly lost all the main bearings.... no doubt something happened, but I and most any engine builder can tell ya,... a bad line bore on a motor will lose oil pressure in about 10 minutes run time.... I'm pretty sure it was run longer than that and had good oil pressure as stated here by Otto shortly before losing the main bearings.. This thread has not been just about who built Joeys motor, it has been filled with inuendoes throughout... politely posted.... just to clarify.

And now I see when things are getting tough.... we call in the troops.. Hi Mike, you have posted some truth there, just too bad you had to jazz it up and not to mention leave out a few things. Like I working for about 18 hours straight until my eyesballs fell out the 1st nite... or the fact that you did indeed have many issues under your hood that needed to be straightened out and you knew it when I showed you. Was there a problem with the work I did other than the tuning battle I had with what turned out to be a corrupted disc from FAST on my laptop. The fact is, had that not happened, this post would never have happened. Your car was put together correctly when I was done and although you had a beautiful car, there were many areas that were pretty hacked up under the hood and dash. I was guilty of a pizza box on your car once!! And you are absolutely right, it never should have been there. I was guilty of not being there, of going brain dead as I had planned to go to Atco, to tune on a customer, Bill Z's car, didn't know I wasn't supposed to take my car... And lastly Mike, I did call you many times and offer my apologies for screwing up and as you stated, I was ready to get in my truck and drive to Canada to fix the tune up as we finally figured out the FAST files and disc were corrupted. But you held me off. Like you said, out of the clear blue someone offered to help you in the spring at BG. After that, you did share your anger on TBS, so wasn't much for me to say to you in person as you made your feelings known. And by the way, I believe we put the new XFI in from the beginning, not after you left the car here. You were here while we worked throughout the evening to get it running right..the 1st nite..
So can you tell me again where I "shafted" you. I think we both covered what went wrong, and it is inexcusible on my part, but to say I shafted you is not fair. I could not have known the data I was working with on the screen was corrupted..untill having the same problem with the next car we installed the new XFI on.. I treated you fairly with your parts purchases, I did good work at a fair price, I accommodated you and your wife, and I thought you came down the first time with a male friend.. but that doesn't matter. If you feel a need to hammer me and if this makes you feel better, not much else I can say and hopefully this will make a few other guys here look more credible.

That's all I have, been working on this since I got home from work at 7pm tonite.. g'nite

I would also like to add, this car was running for over 4 months before Joey picked it up. At which time we spent road testing on and off, fixing, adjusting and working through this combo to give Joey exactly what he wanted in street performance, as we were told he planned to do street driving and racing. He wanted a car with big power he could drive on the street, did I build it for max HP and put the car on the edge... nope, not what he asked for. He wanted a quick spooler he could have fun with. After much street work, when I felt the car was what Joey wanted, I gave it back to him.. The 5-6 months Joey had it, no complaints, after dyno tuning, at least one trip to the track.. that we know of.... not sure how many passes, since that number has changed 2 or 3 times, more tuning and a new tranny, the main bearings are hurt.... it's been implyed here by a few the line bore was the problem. Pretty ridiculous assumption, based on the "agenda". 8 month old motor, properly tuned and run, suddenly lost all the main bearings.... no doubt something happened, but I and most any engine builder can tell ya,... a bad line bore on a motor will lose oil pressure in about 10 minutes run time.... I'm pretty sure it was run longer than that and had good oil pressure as stated here by Otto shortly before losing the main bearings.. This thread has not been just about who built Joeys motor, it has been filled with inuendoes throughout... politely posted.... just to clarify.
Jack, I would like you to clarify for my interest if you think this was an agenda created by me. This is how I am reading this post and I would like to know.
As I said in my email to you the day this started, I swore on my sons life that i had NO IDEA, nor did i tell anyone or have any discussion with anyone about making a post concerning Joeys car.
You mentioned above ALL the main bearings being bad, the 2 center bearings with the new caps were the bad ones.
You keep bringing up tuning,As I stated your WOT tune was spot on and was also safe.The only tuning i did was with startup and throttle response.
There was no "more tuning" done to YOUR tune under boost, it was left alone.

The number of passes I mentioned, I made one partial pass.this is the only pass "I" know that was made with his car..I cannot speak as to any Joey may have made as I do not know.
There was no "more tuning" done to YOUR tune under boost, it was left alone
As far as the convertor i can supply dyno data that shows a large percent of slip.I am sure it could have been sent back and been adjusted but IMO for this combo it was no optimal.
Not once have i even mentioned what convertor was in Joeys car.
Also Joey complained about a noise he wanted me to look for which i did not check till the day i installed the new transmission.Something I should have check prior to just removing the transmission.

If Joey has an agenda here it his right as it is his car.
I have nothing to do with him coming here and posting as was under the impression from Joey that he was just walking away and leaving it alone.

I will tell you one thing, It is flat out bad you think someone,whoever you feel it is "called in the troops"
Mike came here and posted of his own free will,I have know this since the day it happened and have not spoke of it as it was Mike's business and nothing to do with me.

I hope this clarifies thing to you and to anyone reading this post that may be getting an impression that somehow I may behind ANY of it!!

...You gave me a corrupted file for my XFI Thanks for burning me Jack! I know you were worried if I ever let this story out.. But I don't care anymore.

One more thing here Mike... You make it sound like I did it on purpose... gave you a corrupted file? My computor was corrupted from FAST!! No one did it on purpose. Comon, how ridiculous that sounds Mike, I know you are a great guy, but you are going overboard here with this.

You never called me again or returned my calls. You turned the other way at the following BG event....

What did you expect me to do Mike, you made your feelings known on TBS, how do you think I felt, when I knew in my heart I did my best, made some mistakes, that were not the end of the world, yet not right. I'm the one that called you many times..and it was you that shunned me.

I wanted to let other people know about this but I knew I would get the posts about guys who buy one part off him and say he is the best bull ****. But I went through it,I kept my mouth shut for 4 years and now see the same bull**** happening to Joeynj
What BS is happening with Joey, yes there is some of the same BS, and it has nothing to do with pizza boxes or me going to Atco when Joey picked up his car.... more like something else going on here and it ain't me lieing!

Jack, I would like you to clarify for my interest if you think this was an agenda created by me. This is how I am reading this post and I would like to know.
I hope this clarifies thing to you and to anyone reading this post that may be getting an impression that somehow I may behind ANY of it!!

Oh no Otto, not sure why you would think that.. I've just responded myself only to what has been said here.. As for Mike, heck no, I'm sure he stumbled upon this thread while posting here for like the 1st time in 3 months. I'm fine with it, not happy about being slandered... but then who would be. I'm not perfect, don't think anyone of us here are. But I am not a liar and I am really tired now, I really am going to bed..

Jack, I don't know any of my cousin's business. I'm talking about my motors. I will say this for the last time. I know all motors will break down. My POINT is that you said my motor will be built by RPE but RPE called me personally to let me know that it was not their work. As for your questions about my engine I don't have to answer because now I know what kind of person you are after reading Big Mike's post. You are not a child. In fact you're old enough to be my father but your professionalism is anything but competent. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Well Here we go with the truth being bent again.
People know me and know that I am a stand up guy. And people who seen my car know that it is not Hacked up under the hood and the dash!
Maybe have a couple of speaker wires tucked up after I remover my stereo but thats it.
My point was you first said I need a xfi so I agreed. Then because of the corrupt program you kept telling me it was a warped intake,then injectors then fuel pressure regulator then factory harness.. The bill kept growing and growing.Then You call me and say it was finished and I drive the 8 hours and when I get there you tell me I didn't call you to come get it. WTF?

And you say one pizza box? Man I was so pissed when I seen the tower of pizza boxes and other boxes I to a picture of the crap..Again thanks for the nice scratches on the trunk.

So now what about when you did call me and told me you where out in my car and it was driving it and it was running and no problems all fixed and I told you I was leaving that night after my friend fund raiser (3am) You said you were gonna be there and you where going to have your 2way on just in case i ran into problems on the drive...why did you go to the track with your car and leave me hanging? Why did my car not want to start or hardly run when I finally got it out of your garage?Did you knowing leave so you wouldn't have to face me went I tried to start my car and drive it onto my enclosed?Whey did I have to find your son at his house to come and open your garage where you said you were going to be waiting for me..?
You did call me on my way home and you knew I wasn't please..thats when you said i want to get in your truck and drive to Canada to fix it...But you said my car runs great and why didn't fix while it was there for 3 months plus.

When I got home I put the garage and let it sit as it was for the winter. I did not go on the boards like you say. Where are the post? I never mentioned your name . I never went on a rant . I just let it boil inside me. You never returned my calls after I talked. Left me hanging with a car that ran (if it felt like) **** .
I told couple of local friends because what.. Am I just gonna let it slide? you did!.
18 hours on my car? ya maybe 18 hour day you had but my car was maybe 5 total then it was on to others. Remember?..I was there.

I never was asked to post her ,I just got feed up reading the bull**** happening again and had to let my story be told. I don't care what or how Jack tries to lie and change the story around or have his buddy's start saying Jack the best...What ever..

Toofastfor you/ Claude. I met you in BG . Remember the 6 foot 5 310lbs guy you talked to?I was in jacks camp before all this **** happened.Did I seam like a fool ? So don't try to make me look like one! You said Jack said to bring the car back!NO he never did say that. He said he want to come to Canada to fix it.That was the call I got while I was drive home from Jack's place. What after he treated me like that? Come on! I have no plans or will gain anything.. I gave him a car to see if he could fix it and ended up paying 10 grand for up-grads that I didn't need because it was the first thing he put on my car was the xfi and his corrupt program. Then from there up went the parts list that he said was the cause.

I had to find someone willing to look at my car in the following spring. I never heard back from Jack. Like I said I found someone who I never bought any parts from ask me to bring it to BG to fix my car while they where racing and working on other customers cars. And never charge me a dime!!!

Because of you Jack I have lost my interest in these cars for the past 4 years. I read some post from time to time and seen this thread and posted my story. No agenda, No calling in the troops. Just my story. Twist your version away. But if your gonna call me a liar...!

It's great you have had good experiences with Jack, but the facts are (2) guys here are not happy. When you take 2 here 3 there 2 there, you end up with quite a few over the years. Being they are paying customers they inherently have the right to express their opinions. Future buyers will read this and decide whether or not they want to do business with him if even 50% of this is true or not (giving the benefit of the doubt for both parties). I know I would be steam grilled over pizza boxes being set on my car. :mad: :mad: Over the years, also being part of this crap I have seen time and time again it always ends up being a agenda, vendetta, crusade, ect, and that part of the story always stays the same, and comes as no surprise. Leave this crap out and get the facts out there. The bottom line is the fresh engine blew a head gasket under the hand of Jacks tuning and driving, while he was under the controls (why??), that could have been a root cause of the mans further problems. Was the oil filter cut open and inspected for metal shavings or not when it was delivered??? If the mans receipt shows "who" built the engine like what was mentioned here then I would say Jack disclosed who built it and we will never know what was said between the two in private. What Jack needs to do is fix this mans engine for him at COST provided there is proof that bad workmanship was done inside it, and get out of the middle of these engine build jobs and have the customers go direct to the builders themselves, also tighten up the Art Carr converter he provided that doesn't work right. If this was done in this case then there would be no issue between the two men here and Jack may have ended up getting more business from Jack repairing the car.

Ted,

You have a right to your opinion, fortunately, your reputation proceeds you here and what you are all about. But then that is not the issue here. I believe Joey and I have exhausted our side of the story here. I have backed up what I have said pretty much with facts. Other than you attempting to twist a few things here, there really isn't much more to add. I will address you though, nothing here points to a machine problem, as for the blown head gasket, the motor was removed and sent back to the engine builder for repair and inspection. The cause was driver error period, I found the fuel tank to be low on fuel, the motor popped and blew a boost line off the boost controller and overboosted. It wasn't caused by the wrong stroke of the key, it was caused because of my excitement to show Joey the performance improvements we were giving him, Period, Don't worry Ted, I won't blame the The Tuner or FAST for a defective box, nor will I blame The FLASH... Operater error, is that clear enough for you and I'll repeat, I pulled the motor out and sent it back to the machine shop to be thoroughly looked at.

As for the convertor, it worked just fine, if the customer had a problem with the stall, I would have worked with him to get it however he wanted it. This is not a TSO car looking to suck every ounce of HP out of it.

To sum it up Ted, you are exactly right, "leave all the crap out and let's get to the facts"!!!! I believe that has been accomplished here.

Have a Happy fourth all

If Joey or Jack wants to post again I will RE OPEN THE THREAD FOR THEM. Please just pm me.

I would like to leave it open but to many people obviously can't or will not read:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.