beyond a 3 bar map, what are you guys doing?

fastblackracing

The new set up likes some boost and is going to need something to sense it to 35-40 pounds. Im using the fast xfi, wanted to see what others are doing and what issues there may be Thanks, Mannie

Aem has quality MAP sensors. I routinely use a 3.5 bar. A 5 bar is available. The most important thing is to have the correct calibration table for the sensor you are using. If you are changing sensors and check off a box for a higher output sensors you will need to re-scale your tables since the numbers in the cells will remain the same and the pressure column will change. Some sensors like the AEM have a range of .5 to 4.5v even though it's a 5v sensor. I'm amazed at the number of incorrect calibration tables that are out there. Having an accurate calibration table and an accurate sensor like the AEM is very important for data acquisition and comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aem has quality MAP sensors. I routinely use a 3.5 bar. A 5 bar is available. The most important thing is to have the correct calibration table for the sensor you are using. If you are changing sensors and check off a box for a higher output sensors you will need to re-scale your tables since the numbers in the cells will remain the same and the pressure column will change. Some sensors like the AEM have a range of .5 to 4.5v even though it's a 5v sensor. I'm amazed at the number of incorrect calibration tables that are out there. Having an accurate calibration table and an accurate sensor like the AEM is very important for data acquisition and comparison.

I understand what your telling me bison, Thanks for the input guys.

Are you mounting it directly on the engine or else where?
I thread directly into the back of the intake manifold. No chance for hose failure and engine melt down and the sensors themselves are much more rigid and won't fail the way a GM 3 bar that is commonly used can fail.