You can type here any text you want

BHJ Balancer timing warning!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Everyone who ones a BHJ balancer must check that the reluctor ring is installed right. MIne was off 6 degrees retarded and caused me a whole heap of trouble assuming that it was right on. Back probe the crank sensor signal wire and turn the motor and watch the timing tab where the voltage drops on the voltmeter

Can i contact you by phone send me your phone via private mess or email

This is why I recommend everyone check their timing as one of the first steps in tuning. I have also seen factory balancers of by a few degrees. I prefer to lock the timing and use a timing light to verify through the rpm range.

This is why I recommend everyone check their timing as one of the first steps in tuning. I have also seen factory balancers of by a few degrees. I prefer to lock the timing and use a timing light to verify through the rpm range.

X2 !!! :cool:

Everyone who ones a BHJ balancer must check that the reluctor ring is installed right. MIne was off 6 degrees retarded and caused me a whole heap of trouble assuming that it was right on. Back probe the crank sensor signal wire and turn the motor and watch the timing tab where the voltage drops on the voltmeter

Norbs, is this the one you are using?

Norbs, is this the one you are using?

Yes its on the car st, I will have to advance the timing to compensate 6 degrees. Or change the offset angle in the Fast, but I keep trying different setups , stock computer sometimes too.

the stock computer stuff has the same kind of spark angle offset capability as the fast. What you need to do is check the timing with a timing light.

Bob

Back