"Big Red" 1986 5.3 S-400 Regal

Sounds cool, but I think you need a user name and password to view pics. Any chance you could post some pics here? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to see it.:cool:

Sure let me dig some up. I didnt know you couldnt see pics if you werent a member. John Im pretty sure I did a writeup on the 8.8 kit on here let me see if I can find it.

Attachments

• eng studly sm.jpg
    eng studly sm.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 881
  • box plt sm.jpg
    box plt sm.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 882
  • eng w headers sm.jpg
    eng w headers sm.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 890
  • frame wk sm.jpg
    frame wk sm.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 882
  • int sm.jpg
    int sm.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 891
I made the headers and the plates and rubber mounts are from transdapt 1" setback frame pads are moroso 62630 with the area around the through tube radiused slightly. The mounts are actually a little wider than the pads so you can adjust the motor forward or back about 3/16.

They are actually ebay seats. I think I paid like $220 for them good quality too. I'll see if I can post up some more pics.

Wow thats a awesome budget build!! Cant wait to see more pics !

My wife wishes it was a budget build... But I have tried to save money where it was possible as long as it didnt effect the end outcome of the car. I just wanted what everyone wants... a super clean street car that makes decent mileage corners and brakes well and can whoop up on damn near everything on the road. :D I guess we'll see how that works out for me :rolleyes:

seats

do you know where on eBay, do you have the link? I would like to check them out, how is the comfort?

What did you have to do with the trasmission for it to work in your car? Anything had to be swapped and changed?

Sorry it took so long here is a link to the same style seat except they have red stitching on them. Everyone on ebay pretty much sells the same 3-4 different styles of seat in several different variations. It took me a while to find the exact ones I wanted at the lowest price but it was very worth it. Here is a link to the exact style just red stitching. The orig guy I bought from pictured the seats unwrapped in his driveway if that helps. I searched for about 20 min but couldnt find him but there are about 1200 listings under racing seats. HTH

eBay Motors: JDM RED STITCH RACING SEATS HONDA CIVIC/ACCORD/FIT/CRX (item 160289465754 end time Oct-08-08 15:23:41 PDT)

Just bolt it up to the ls block and you have to leave one bolt out. You either need a custom converter or a spacer to make the standard style th-400 converter work. Also Im using an iceman style crossmember for my car but you could probably mod the factory one to work. I hope this answers your question I wasnt sure if you were asking about making it work behind an ls or just in a Regal or in a Regal behind an ls. I am also using a lokar flexible dipstick since I set the motor 1.5" back and .75" down and there isnt much room near the firewall. Also the 400 I have is from a 90's cargo van so it has an electric speedo output which I used with my autometer digital speedo but you can swap a mech sender in instead (the hole for the sender is the same all years). HTH