You can type here any text you want

Biggest Slick Diameter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Don, what backspace do you need to fit the 28X10.5X15?
I can never remember that number for some reason. I want to say it is 5" with a 10" wide rim. I do know that it could have been moved inward towards the frame another 1/4". I'll try to remember to check it at the shop today and I'll get back to you.
edit: Come to think of it, there was the slightest rubbing of the 28 to the frame under load, so the backspacing was correct for that combo. My rearend was offset to the right by 1/4" before the suspension upgrades and it was the left side that was rubbing back then. With the suspension upgrades, the rearend has been centered in the wheel wells.

I'm using the same rims with the 29.5" tires. With the frame notch, the tire/rim combination could stand to be moved towards the frame about 1/4 to 1/2". I know the car would look better with the different backspace, but funds keep me stuck with these rims.

``I JUST CAN`T DO IT CAPTAIN``

I dont blame ya J-B!:D Im looking at the tire specs for the M&H 28.5x10.5. It list the section width as a 13.2 I dont think there is no way your gonna be able to fit that tire without rubbing badly somewhere.

The 29x10 Hoosier slick I just went to is 11.9 section width and is very close and barely clears. When I ran the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's 28x11.5s which actually were 10 inch wide tread they had and 11.4 section width and were very close also.

I dont blame ya J-B!:D Im looking at the tire specs for the M&H 28.5x10.5. It list the section width as a 13.2 I dont think there is no way your gonna be able to fit that tire without rubbing badly somewhere.

The 29x10 Hoosier slick I just went to is 11.9 section width and is very close and barely clears. When I ran the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's 28x11.5s which actually were 10 inch wide tread they had and 11.4 section width and were very close also.

I got them in width wise. It`s my over all diameter that will need tweaking..

Fit

Hey Donnie
I finally got my 28.5 x 10.5 M&H Slicks to fit nicely. I just hope that they will not rub at the Lip as I did not Role them and I still have the Wheel Moldings.
So I added some Air Bags for insurance.

Oh and by the way, the oil stain on the floor is from the Mazda MPV..:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 184
Joe, what's the backspace on those rear rims? Did you have to use spacers? If so, how thick? Your car looks awesome.:cool:

Well Joe, if you're not going to do anything with the lips, don't let anyone ride in the back seat.

Well Joe, if you're not going to do anything with the lips, don't let anyone ride in the back seat.

10-4 Donnie
Scooby I had to use 1/2`` Spacers. The Mags are 4`` BS and I have about 1/4`` between the Slicks and the Un touched Frame Rails.....:D

10-4 Donnie
Scooby I had to use 1/2`` Spacers. The Mags are 4`` BS and I have about 1/4`` between the Slicks and the Un touched Frame Rails.....:D
Check the rails for signs of rubbing the first few times out. 1/4" is pretty tight.

Check the rails for signs of rubbing the first few times out. 1/4" is pretty tight.

Yeah no doubt they will rub slightly on the rails going around corners if they are that close. That really doest hurt anything as there is nothing to cut or dig the sidewall. The outside is another story.:eek:

Back