Biggest turbo for stock heads?

low 10s on a stock untouched head and cam at 30 psi?is this a typo
No. Already been 10.5s@28psi. There is an area that has A LOT of room for improvement. And 30 psi is just the beginning. Full weight limited as well, no weight reduction.

No. Already been 10.5s@28psi. There is an area that has A LOT of room for improvement. And 30 psi is just the beginning. Full weight limited as well, not weight reduction.
that has to be the fastest ive heard of.full weight at 28psi.damn,we hit the stock stuff as hard as we thought we could years ago.1.4 60fts,126mph high 10s at 37/3800lbs could go faster.fastest i went was 6.6 in the 1/8 with a 50 shot.you guys are killing it,what kind of mph are you seeing?

Shifts are higher than I would like, but it is working, 5300. I would have to look at the logs. The last few times out have been 1/8 mile.

Looking into getting the 60' down this spring. For the power it is making low 1.4s wont be a problem, just have to play with the tune.

That just showed how bad that other intercooler was. The only real difference was temps. The stocker had a lot more heat, and 6° of timing was pulled through the ecu. Only lost 1.5mph.
we sprayed alky though to lower temps.there was no alkycontrol then made our own with nitrous jets.

No. Already been 10.5s@28psi. There is an area that has A LOT of room for improvement. And 30 psi is just the beginning. Full weight limited as well, no weight reduction.
Can you tell us where is that area, I'm on the same boat, TE44, gn1 slic, 3"DP ran 11.68 with 24psi on the turbo, someone toll me to change the turbo for a 6262 to run in the 10. my car is full weight, stock engine/head/cam
Other told me that with a 6262 my car will be slower

Can you tell us where is that area, I'm on the same boat, TE44, gn1 slic, 3"DP ran 11.68 with 24psi on the turbo, someone toll me to change the turbo for a 6262 to run in the 10. my car is full weight, stock engine/head/cam
Other told me that with a 6262 my car will be slower
You can still turn up the boost. That intercooler will have a lot of pressure drop. If you dont have a good converter, a 6262 will spool slower and hurt the 60'.

You can still turn up the boost. That intercooler will have a lot of pressure drop. If you dont have a good converter, a 6262 will spool slower and hurt the 60'.
My converter is a 3021 from D. Husek, me TE44 spool really fast, my 60' right now is 1.54, will the 6262 spool as fast as my TE44 my this converter?

duber3

That converter should spool a 6262 with a Precision .63 housing. Given, it won't be quiet as fast as it does with the TE-44, but it will spool it. What that means as far as real world and track times is, you might have to launch with a lb or two more than you did with the TE-44 to achieve the same 60ft as the spool up curve will be different. You will just need to experiment to find out what launch number your car likes to get the turbo to spool up at it's sweet spot with your combo.

Ex: A stock D5 will spool a TE-44 with both a .63 machined stock Garrett housing and a Precision .63 housing, but not a 6262 with the Precision .63 housing. Huge difference in that example. I've seen it first hand on a good friend of mine's GN that I turned the wrenches on. After he put a 9.5" PTC converter in it, it woke it right up.

Dave's 3021 should be a good choice for the 6262 with a Precision .63 housing. In both journal bearing and dbb. I'm sure if you contacted Dave with that question, he would have the 100% answer. I wouldn't have any issues running that converter with the 6262 turbo though.

-Patrick-

duber3

That converter should spool a 6262 with a Precision .63 housing. Given, it won't be quiet as fast as it does with the TE-44, but it will spool it. What that means as far as real world and track times is, you might have to launch with a lb or two more than you did with the TE-44 to achieve the same 60ft as the spool up curve will be different. You will just need to experiment to find out what launch number your car likes to get the turbo to spool up at it's sweet spot with your combo.

Ex: A stock D5 will spool a TE-44 with both a .63 machined stock Garrett housing and a Precision .63 housing, but not a 6262 with the Precision .63 housing. Huge difference in that example. I've seen it first hand on a good friend of mine's GN that I turned the wrenches on. After he put a 9.5" PTC converter in it, it woke it right up.

Dave's 3021 should be a good choice for the 6262 with a Precision .63 housing. In both journal bearing and dbb. I'm sure if you contacted Dave with that question, he would have the 100% answer. I wouldn't have any issues running that converter with the 6262 turbo though.

-Patrick-
I talked with Dave about this, the converter will be fine but he said that my TE44 is better for my setup than the 6262
Another person here told me that a 6262 will put in the 10.xx and spool almost as fast as the TE44, and this person doubt that a TE44 will be enough to run in the 10.xx.
I did a lot of search about this and it seems that it's 50/50,
50...keep the TE44
50...put a 6262