You can type here any text you want

Billet 6765, FWIW...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Helping a local guy with his car the other weekend. Went 128mph with a journal bearing billet 6765, small roller cam, old M&A heads, FMIC, stock bottom-end, etc... 27psi boost. I'll try and post the Powerlogger data later.

We need to restall the converter some. The car will footbrake to the mid 20psi for launch but only pull low 1.6x 60' times, and then it will gain no rpm after the 2-3 shift all the way through the traps. Hoping to pick up quite a bit with the converter "tune".

K.

What kind of converter is in the car now? What are you guys going to in the future? :)

It has a PTC non-lock in it. We're gonna tighten it up some and it should be good to go from there... We're just not making enough HP or turning enough RPM for the converter to work the way it is now.

K.

It has a PTC non-lock in it. We're gonna tighten it up some and it should be good to go from there... We're just not making enough HP or turning enough RPM for the converter to work the way it is now.

K.

Thanks for the response NCTURBOS!! If you don't mind me asking, what was the current stall rated for? What kind of RPM or HP was needed to make it work.:redface:. The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to make my turbo and converter selection and wanted to try and nail it the first time.:rolleyes:

Helping a local guy with his car the other weekend. Went 128mph with a journal bearing billet 6765, small roller cam, old M&A heads, FMIC, stock bottom-end, etc... 27psi boost. I'll try and post the Powerlogger data later.

We need to restall the converter some. The car will footbrake to the mid 20psi for launch but only pull low 1.6x 60' times, and then it will gain no rpm after the 2-3 shift all the way through the traps. Hoping to pick up quite a bit with the converter "tune".

K.

I had similiar problems Friday night with my 6265 JB. I figured out what the problem was with the slow 60' and I'd like to see the PL files to see if the same thing is happening with you. We also had air you could drink which did not help at all. ET's were up and MPH was down.:frown:

You should post the time slip so those who are looking at this can see the MPH gain in the last half of the track.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the current stall rated for? What kind of RPM or HP was needed to make it work.:redface:. The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to make my turbo and converter selection and wanted to try and nail it the first time.:rolleyes:

Same question, in same boat! Curious of the stall RPM. Nice times though! Makes me want the 67DBB even more... :biggrin:

K.

What rpm? Im hoping it was at least 5400 at that boost level.

K.

You shouldnt need to tighten it.

Thanks for the response NCTURBOS!! If you don't mind me asking, what was the current stall rated for? What kind of RPM or HP was needed to make it work.:redface:. The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to make my turbo and converter selection and wanted to try and nail it the first time.:rolleyes:

I'll need to look at the powerlogger data and see what it stalled to @ 0-psi. The data is on my laptop at home and I'm at work... ;)

K.

What rpm? Im hoping it was at least 5400 at that boost level.

B.,

I can't remember what RPM we shifted at, but it dropped to approx. 5100 rpm and stayed there through 3rd gear. It's a #18, and I believe with the rpm and HP the car was using the converter wasn't getting into its efficiency. We saw the same thing with Brian Lorenz's 9-sec. gold car at Norwalk (See thread here:http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/feedback/319723-cal-hartline-man-old-news-i-know.html) as well, and when we swapped to a #17 the car became a whole different animal.

Let me know your thoughts, as I know you've been around the block with the PTC's and multiple combinations as well.

K.

Back