Black led headlights...

I just found these on Ebay... all 4 for $139.99 ... too good to be true? ... They look nice though...
LINK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-LED-4x6-Rectangular-Projector-LED-Headlights-Low-High-Beam-DRL-Lamps/142625871227?epid=16011450922&_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item21352a157b:g:IDcAAOSwmOJaM3lX&enc=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&checksum=142625871227917a80057f4a4446a2a21c287ed7ed0a
Claude.
s-l1600-3.jpg

The Trucklites are on Amazon with prime for $144 each. I'll probably swap to these and see how they roll with the upgraded Kirban wiring kit. The blackhawks or whatever I have really suck.

The Trucklites are on Amazon with prime for $144 each. I'll probably swap to these and see how they roll with the upgraded Kirban wiring kit. The blackhawks or whatever I have really suck.
I don't think there's any need to "upgrade" the wiring, especially since these headlights take less power than the stock halogens. Personally, I'm not crazy about the "Trucklites". :( I'm not saying that they're bad... just that I prefer the "projector" style.

Claude. ;)

I don't think it's the wires but the power needed for the LEDs. I know the Trucklites have a board in them to deal with the volts to make them work. Don't know if they are lowering the volts for the lights or bumping them up.

Any lights that work with the factory wiring will work with the Kirban upgrade. As mentioned, the upgrade isn’t needed, but if you’ve already got it just hook it up.
If you want to remove the Kirban upgrade later, that can be done as well.

The top and right terminals only need to be swapped with the H4 based lights.

Well I think I'm going to go with the Eagle Lights (part# 4600B-4) which I posted in post #5. I spoke with Dave ("1KWIKSIX") and he said that they were very similar to the ones made by JW Speaker which he has on his car but at a fraction of the cost. They are also the ones "motrhed87" has on his car (seen in post #15) and he said he "couldn't be happier"!

Claude. :)

The headlights are great but they are costly like everybody has said
56afac7047929edf2204688bd68d228b.jpg
e828918a022ec99bf6969f152502b593.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Any lights that work with the factory wiring will work with the Kirban upgrade. As mentioned, the upgrade isn’t needed, but if you’ve already got it just hook it up.
If you want to remove the Kirban upgrade later, that can be done as well.

The top and right terminals only need to be swapped with the H4 based lights.
So the top and right terminals as you are facing the front of the plug?

Anybody ever have this problem when upgrading headlights? I'm running "united pacific" black headlights. 3 prong outside low beams and 2 prong inside high beams. I can only get either the 2 outside lights to work or the 2 inside lights to work. I cannot get all 4 to come on at the same time? I've attempted to switch every wire position on the low beam with no luck. I've tried adding load resistors no luck and also added Kirbans upgrade harness no luck?????

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 40
  • 0 bytes · Views: 42
So the top and right terminals as you are facing the front of the plug?

Yes, as you’re looking at the plug from the front of the car.

Just a reminder that some LED’s are made to replace our low beam headlights (H4656) and just plug right in and work.
The H4 headlights or conversions are the ones that need the terminals swapped.

Try plugging them in to see if they work before swapping the terminals.

Yes, as you’re looking at the plug from the front of the car.

Just a reminder that some LED’s are made to replace our low beam headlights (H4656) and just plug right in and work.
The H4 headlights or conversions are the ones that need the terminals swapped.

Try plugging them in to see if they work before swapping the terminals.
The lights are already installed and both sets of lights come on and the brights indicator is about half way illuminated and when i turn the brights on the center light comes on the bright set and the indicator on the dash is fully illuminated.

The lights are already installed and both sets of lights come on and the brights indicator is about half way illuminated and when i turn the brights on the center light comes on the bright set and the indicator on the dash is fully illuminated.

Since LED’s draw less power the car thinks a headlight is burned out, warning you by the dim high beam indicator. I have the same problem with my ‘94 Cutlass Supreme convertible
Newer cars require a can-bus compatible LED so you aren’t reminded with the “headlight is out” alarm.

I would think yours would be built to work just fine. Hmmmm.