You can type here any text you want

blow off valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You get what you pay for......sure there is a lot of R&D in a $50 fart valve.

Let the record show I was trying to be helpful and did not mention once about another BOV thread......damn....just did.

spend some $$ on a quality recirulating....now for some endless BOV reading...use that search function above, just right of mid page, click the drop down and type your subject:)

i got one jus for the sound it makes, got the loudest one on the market. but u probably dont even need it for the amount of driving yur doing

I use a TiAL blow off valve on my GN. Many will say i t is not needed as these things can survive without them, I put it on for the sound. It does offer some protection to the Turbo but again, an automatic car does not beat up a turbo like a stick shift running 30 psi. You can run a dump or a receric system. Recirc is better but I do not get an SES light with a Dump (expell to open atmosphere as opposed to into the maf pipe after the MAF.

I did have an Ebay HKS copy and had lots of problems with it, it cause boost surge, a dancing boost gauge etc. Greddy used to have a Type-R valve with a snout on it so you could run open or recirc. (I have one for sale if you want it) I bought the Greddy and the TiAL but the TiAL worked fine so never put on the Greddy. I bought the Greddy in case the TiAL didn't work out.

Bottom line is, do as you wish. There are aguments on both sides. I personally like the sound so I put one on.

If you're going to get one, just get a quality one that won't leak etc.

get a recirculating one like this. instead of that weird surging horse sneeze, mine makes a nice clean faint fart....like this.....ffahht...try it again...ffahht:D
bov.jpg

I put one of those units with electronic speakers that plays Ice Cream truck music on my GN just for the sound.

I bought the Ebay $50 one JUST because I saw it working great on another LS1 Turbo truck. Mine is the TAil clone and came with 2 springs. I am useing the heavy duty spring and it works fine.

Jason

Attachments

• S7308111.jpg
    S7308111.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 232
Back