blower motor info

87gnfan

ok on my blower motor i have 3 speeds working but not the high speed,i have had the motor checked and its ok.the mech told me there should be a fuse or something between the blower motor and the starter and that fuse is prob.bad.if so where is this fuse or if this mech is wrong could someone tell me why the high speed is not working...........thanks

Ive never had this issue, but ive always thought that the relay located near the AC accumulator, mounts with 2 screws on the heater box was the high speed fan relay.
Small 1x2 relay that connects to the wiring on the heater box.

I think thats it, lemme know cause id like to know for future knowledge

BW

wont blow

just fixed this problem on my car yesterday, you are correct about the relay, but first check for 12v at the red wire on the relay, there is a connection between the blower fan motor and the fender with the same red wire, that is the power feed from the starter(fusable Link)this connection gets bad, trust me on this my car has never been in bad weather always stored inside and it was bad ,clean real good, mine still looked like new until i unplugged it and checked, if you do have 12v @ the relay very possible the relay is bad, also I ordred a new one from GM and it was BAD!!!!!so be mindful, my high speed never worked for the past 2 years, i found this with the help of this board and old postings
Tom

Follow the fat red wire out of the shiny metal high speed fan blower relay over near the blower motor passenger side of the engine bay.

It goes over to a connector near the antenna in a wiring harness, the fat red wires just pass through the connector but usually get corroded or burnt there.

Power on that fat red wire is +12 at all times off a fusible link, so you can first test to make sure you have +12 at the metal high speed relay connector first if you want to.

Test however with IGN. key on and the blower motor on HIGH speed in the VENTS position on the A/C slider.

The ORANGE wire on that same high speed relay should have +12 on it as well on high speed with IGN key on in the vents position, this provides power to run the relay, black wire goes to a good ground to kick on the relay.

You should hear or feel it click if someone runs the blower motor switch from inside the car, key on, vents on, test, just go between medium and high with the fan switch to test the relay.