Blower motor won't work on med-hi speed

Guys, we've seen this problem many times. It usually is in the weatherproof plug behind the heater box. Look for the wiring harness where it comes up from under the passenger side hood hinge. Take it apart and clean both ends of the connector very thoroughly. Put some dielectric grease on it before putting it back together. Some of our cars have the high speed relay and some just use straight 12v from the fuse block for high by bypassing the resistors. The resistor bank only affects the lower speeds.
Good luck.

No I didn't. I spent probably about 3 hours, 2 switches, 2 resistors and 2 relays with the whole ordeal and said I will leave it to a professional. Now that I took it apart I don't have heat going to the vents, just to the floor, and my hot/cold switch won't go completely to cold , about 1 inch from the leftmost position, which further pisses my off. So when I take my car to a real mechanic, I'll have him look at it. I have exhausted my skills and patience.
I do believe that your fix is very easy. It is the high speed only blower relay right near the blower motor. HTH.

But Charlie is still a nice guy!!!:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

But Charlie is still a nice guy!!!:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

:eek:I really should have said that Charlie and I spent 3 hours, 2 switches, 2 resistors and 2 relays.......

And at all crazy hours of the day and night. Thanks again.